TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Why Me? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/)
-   -   Covid restrictions lifted (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/t162657-covid-restrictions-lifted/)

Everglow. February 22nd 2022 06:33 PM

Covid restrictions lifted

Boris Johnson announced yesterday that in England, all legal restrictions for covid are to be lifted on Thursday. Most had already gone, but the legal responsibility to self isolate with a positive test is being dropped, which means people who have covid will not need to stay home legally. The government have said people should basically be exercise caution and use their brains when deciding if they should go out/to work etc, but at the same time they are also scrapping free covid testing and mass testing in April, which means 99% of people won't know if they have covid or not.

I'm fully vaccinated, and at the moment I'm tested with LFTs 5 times a week because I work with vulnerable elderly people. But I'm anxious about what this will mean. I know omicron is much less aggressive, but it's hard to go from being very aware of everything that could be contaminated, to going back to how everything was in 2019 before this happened. I'm still an avid hand washer, I hate touching the rails on public transport, I sanitize every time I tough money or somebody else's phone, I wear masks whenever I'm in crowded spaces, and I test myself regularly. Even with all of that, I'm still concerned at times about being exposed to covid. I'm just stressing about how to adjust to suddenly having no knowledge of where the infections are and if I'm going to catch something.

Ennui. February 22nd 2022 08:04 PM

Re: Covid restrictions lifted

I don't blame you at all! They're lifting mask mandates in my state in the US and that's bad enough, let alone lifting the restriction where you have to stay home if you're sick! I've had Covid but would not want to get it again, and then what about all the immunocompromised people out there who really need the protection of people staying home when sick? :/ I hope you don't get Covid.

Astro04 February 22nd 2022 08:20 PM

Also I got it, so i know well. Also my grandma died for it.
The fact is that people don't care unless the had it. Doubleganger.

Soda_Voxel February 22nd 2022 08:43 PM

Luckily I haven't gotten Covid thus far, but as much as I'd love for life to be back to 'normal', I don't think we're ready yet. Also, I think the 'stay at home if you have covid' thing should be a permanent thing. Like how it's an unspoken rule that you don't go in to work or whatever if you've got a cold or something, you know? Ah. It's all confusing.

Dawn. February 23rd 2022 08:39 AM

I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling. It definitely is worrying times. A lot of the restrictions where I am have been scrapped and on Friday, a lot more people will no longer have to wear masks. I feel like we are heading to where the UK will be in a few weeks or months time.

Arabesque- golfing girl. March 16th 2022 05:57 PM

Hello Hollie,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon. I hope that you are feeling a little bit better about this. When we have something that is going to change for us, it can be hard to deal with and to be okay with what is happening now or going to happen. Always try to stay calm if you can and then you can find something to help pick you up and calm you down when you are home. Reading books for a while or drawing or painting or writing or calling a friend or family member or playing games or watching TV shows or movies or finding something else that you enjoy doing and trying that for a while. I hope you will be okay soon. Sending you lots of:hug: to help you to be okay soon.