TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Chit-Chat (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f32-chit-chat/)
-   -   Thoughts (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f32-chit-chat/t146493-thoughts/)

daisy_jam July 18th 2016 08:55 AM

Thoughts

I thought people volunteered to be killed in movies, and was super confused when I saw them in another movie. Then my dad explained, it was acting :hehe:

Tell me about other things you thought when you were younger?

Chuuya July 18th 2016 03:45 PM

Re: Thoughts

For some reason when I was younger I thought if you swallowed gum it would create a bubble on your belly button. :nosweat:

daisy_jam July 19th 2016 07:49 AM

XD Another thing I thought of when I was 8 was there was little people living under traffic lights controlling them. Literally thought it happened until I was 13 XD

BrainTeaser556 July 19th 2016 11:12 AM

When i was young, I actually thought my Math teacher was super human who had answers to all math questions at the tip of his fingers.

Storyteller. July 21st 2016 06:58 AM

I used to think that the car would automatically sense which way you wanted to go and would indicate accordingly. I was so disappointed when I was informed that you have to manually turn the indicator on. :nosweat:

DeletedAccount69 July 22nd 2016 12:13 AM

I used to think toys had feelings.
I used to think that the barbie's hair would grow back.

DeletedAccount24 July 22nd 2016 12:35 AM

When I was younger and read "X cousin X times removed" I thought they were actually removed from the family! :nosweat:

So if I read like third cousin twice removed, I'd be like "Whoa, removed twice?! D: " XD :nosweat:

Kate* July 22nd 2016 12:49 AM

I used to think ATM's gave out free money and that all the cars in traffic were racing each other.

Kintsukuroi. July 22nd 2016 01:06 AM

I thought that if you bought something at a beach you had only to buy it using sand dollars... I believed that up until I went around collecting 37 of them to buy this necklace I really wanted and then my mum explained that's not how it works. I was four. My mum still tells that story and laughs.

I thought that adults could control the traffic lights because they would always count to three and then say go green, and they would always turn green...I learned later that they would watch the other traffic lights from the other side. :nosweat:

Eternal July 22nd 2016 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate* (Post 1244853)
I used to think ATM's gave out free money and that all the cars in traffic were racing each other.

I used to think ATMs gave out free money too. My mom said when I was little I asked her to buy me something and she told me she didn't have enough money so I said "just go to the cash machine!" If only life worked that way. :p

Rivière January 14th 2020 09:36 AM

I thought Spain was only across the road. So when I had a day off from school and the teacher asked where I was, I told her I went to Spain for the day. :nosweat:

Sprite-1 March 29th 2021 08:19 PM

I'm still young...so, bringing back a bucket of freshly caught mackerel and a pair of rock lobsters hooked out of a rocky seaweedy pool. The price of lobster is astronomic!