TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Games and Things (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f35-games-things/)
-   -   Questions you HATE people asking you... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f35-games-things/t20967-questions-you-hate-people-asking-you/)

WhySoSerious? August 19th 2009 03:08 AM

Re: Questions you HATE people asking you...

"What are you doing?" -- I'm always asked this when I'm on the phone, it's like "Uh, I'm on the phone.... to you.... I was doing something fun, but now I'm being forced to talk to whoever you are when you are actually calling for my mother."

"What's that on your legs?" -- Think before you ask a question like that, list off all the possible things that could have happened and either you'll find a satisfying answer, or realize that I may not want to tell you what it is.

"How is school?" -- I hate this question. Especially from my extended family, seriously, it makes NO difference to you. And if I say "It's okay" then they get pissy when they find out I was lying, and if I say "It's been better" they go "Why, what are you doing wrong?"

"Do you have a boyfriend?"
-- Yes. For god's sakes, I have to say so a million times before anyone remembers. And then there's the questions which follow afterwords! "How old is he?", "Is he rich?", "Does he go to your school?". No he doesn't live in my country even, "HOW ARE YOU DATING THEN" and "HAVE YOU MET HIM? IS HE A PEDOPHILE?" .... Just. Ugh. (Plus I hate how they act like if I didn't have a boyfriend, then that isn't right or it isn't normal.)

And then they ask "What does he look like?" I just get annoyed. Looks shouldn't always be everyone's main concern. And then when I answer, it always leads to them somehow being quizzical about why I'm dating a "black guy" (They can't comprehend the term "mixed race" ) It just pisses me off so much.

I remember the days of saying "no" to that question as well, it was always followed by...

"Do you like girls?" uh, yeah. But I don't really want to talk about it with you.

It's funny because none of these questions are ever asked by people I like either, otherwise it may not piss me off quite as much. It's always the nosy great aunts and stuff....

Banshee Prince August 19th 2009 07:24 PM

Are you feeling okay?
Peachy.

What are you thinking about?
If I wanted to tell you then I would have already.

Do you have a boyfriend?
No.

How are you friends with them?
I love them. How are you friends with your friends?

Did you get a haircut?
No. I was attacked by a rabid raccoon and I think he has a future as a hairstylist.

Rooo August 19th 2009 07:36 PM

How is school?
I don't go. I'm bedbound you idiot.

How are you
erm i'm okay - oh so you're recovering them
i feel crap - Oh no, we'll have to find you a magic wand >.<

Rooo August 19th 2009 07:41 PM

What are you thinking about?
fgs that is absolutely none of your business - i'm thinking about fluffy clouds and pigeons. not. go awaay

Xujhan August 19th 2009 08:13 PM

I can't really say it's nerve-wracking, but it's annoying when people ask me if I'm going to cut my hair for cancer, presumably because I'm a guy, and guys aren't supposed to have long hair. No; I spent many years growing my hair this long and I like it this way, thank you very much.

Hey Nikki! August 20th 2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhySoSerious? (Post 215641)
"How is school?" -- I hate this question. Especially from my extended family, seriously, it makes NO difference to you. And if I say "It's okay" then they get pissy when they find out I was lying, and if I say "It's been better" they go "Why, what are you doing wrong?"

"Do you have a boyfriend?"
-- Yes. For god's sakes, I have to say so a million times before anyone remembers. And then there's the questions which follow afterwords! "How old is he?", "Is he rich?", "Does he go to your school?". No he doesn't live in my country even, "HOW ARE YOU DATING THEN" and "HAVE YOU MET HIM? IS HE A PEDOPHILE?" .... Just. Ugh. (Plus I hate how they act like if I didn't have a boyfriend, then that isn't right or it isn't normal.)

I remember the days of saying "no" to that question as well, it was always followed by...

"Do you like girls?" uh, yeah. But I don't really want to talk about it with you.

Quoted for truth times infinity! I loathe it when older ladies ask me where I go to school, and when I grudgingly, unwillingly tell them where I go, they're like, 'Oh, that's that rich school! You must like it, huh?" And I hate my school. What's worse is that my mom always wears this proud smirk on her face whenever I have to tell someone where I go to school. I guess it makes her feel like she's rich.

And I hate it when people ask me if I like girls. Notice it's always girls that ask me, especially the preppy ones. If I said yes, what would they do? Tell everyone at school? Of course. They know I know they would do it, and yet they still ask me- probably trying to corner me in just for fun.

I also got this conversation once:

Classmate: Do you have a bf?
Me: No.
Classmate: Aww, (puppy dog eyes) does that mean you're not getting married?
Me:...

Alvin719 August 22nd 2009 02:24 AM

My Aunt! >.<

How are your grades?
Good.

What does good mean?
Okay.

What does that mean?
I'm getting straight A's, there?!?!

DeletedAccount69 August 22nd 2009 03:50 AM

One question I really hate:

Why are you wearing long sleeves in the summer? Are you crazy? Aren't you hot?

vanillalily August 23rd 2009 04:43 AM

Anything involving making a decision, especially if they continue to insist I make the decision. Anyone who knows me knows I can't make decisions.
What are you doing on the computer? -- It doesn't involve you, and I don't feel like explaining.
Who are you talking to? --Not you.
What are you staring at? --I get asked this because I stare off into space, usually right at someone without realizing it. It shouldn't really annoy me because it's my own fault, but gah.
Tell me what it's like to be emo. --uh... no.
Only been asked this one once, but it was the worst day of my life --Do you cut yourself? Oh YES, dear principal, I do, and I just can't wait to have a nice discussion with you about it! *roll of eyes*

MERlot August 23rd 2009 08:06 AM

"Why don't you take off your jacket/long sleeves? It's burning up in here!" Please don’t fill the awkward silence with mindless chatter. It’s not like you really care.

Dude form school: "Hey, Emo Girl! How does it feel to cut yourself?" If that teacher wasn't right there I'd fuck up your face.

Anything my family asks me...

"How's school?" "How are you?" "What about that boyfriend?" "What have you been up to lately?" To which I normally reply with a one worded answer being the perfectly polite niece.

"Aren't you hungry?"
"No."
"Are you sure?"
"I'd think I would know if I was hungry."
"Well, if you're sure...."

Can't people just take a hint that you want to be left alone? Guess not...

TryToLiveFree August 24th 2009 07:16 PM

Hows College going?
- How do u think its going...its school.

Are you ok?(this is way the conversation goes)
-Yes
-are you sure?
- yes (well...i aint really sure but i going to tell you thats for sure)

Do you have a boyfriend?
-No
- Do you like boys?
-YES!!!!!

xander August 24th 2009 07:54 PM

wuu2?
im on teenhelp.org
why?

grr

Broken-Wings August 25th 2009 02:24 PM

When im crying and somebody says "are you ok" im obviously not. -_-

Doodle. September 2nd 2009 04:18 PM

Why haven't you got a boyfriend? -_______-
Are you a virgin? What does it have to do with you? /: I don't really care if a close friend asks me but it pisses me off when people who barely know me ask.
Why don't you talk? I find it really hard to talk to new people and I can't stand it when people ask me why.
Are you emo? This doesn't happen much since I dyed my hair blonde (oh how I should have done that ages ago) but back when I had black hair and wore loads of eyeliner and black I had it all the time -________- I just happened to like the style.
Why do you spell your name weirdly? (yes, somebody actually said that to me before) O_______o like I had any say on how my name was going to be spelled before I was born. It's Irish, yes I'm 1/4 Irish >.<
Are you and David* (my best friend) having sex? Just because my best friend is a guy doesn't mean we're secretly having sex -________-

* his name isn't David but I don't like saying my friends/family names online for some reason.

jenny233 September 2nd 2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Luck (Post 207894)
Whats up?
I answer the ceiling or the sky

Why arent you dancing?
1. I have a injury in my ankle that makes it easy to sprain
2. I dont like dancing

Aren't all Quakers dead?
those are Puritans your thinking of and if they were dead would I be here

Why do you read?
dumb question maybe I should ask why they watch TV its fun

Whats wrong with your brother?
He has Asbergers a form of Autism whats your excuse

Ecetra, Ecetra

Thats an awsome answer... I have a younger brother with autism and i get sick of that question to... My mom is reading over my shoulder and says that she comends you for that

Maverick September 3rd 2009 01:20 AM

My mom: "How was your day, honey?" http://morbidrealm.com/Smileys/mrsmiles/damn.gif

TrustingThePain September 3rd 2009 01:35 AM

Are you old enough to have all those kids?
Yeah I am thanks, are you old enough to keep your nose out of my business?

Are you the mom or the nanny?
They all look like me what the hell do you think?

Why does Kegan act like that?
Its called Asberger's do a little research and use some sensitivity.

Why do you indulge Kegan in all his weird compulsions?
Because it is easier to feed him all white food shaped into squares, and tap containers before I open them, than it is to endure a hysterical melt down.

Are Kaida and Keene fraternal twins or identical?
Uh... Fraternal you F-ing idiot.

Firefighter 48 September 3rd 2009 01:36 AM

In the afternoon my parents asking me "what did you do at school today?"

I just spent 7 hours there... does it look like I wish to talk about it during my time off?o.O

Maverick September 3rd 2009 01:40 AM

^Not to mention homework. Speaking of which...
*Opens history book*

forfrosne September 3rd 2009 02:26 AM

Are you really 13?

Bean September 3rd 2009 03:18 AM

"can you fix the printer?" Seriously, I get asked that so much it is ridiculous! Usually, it has only run out of paper too...

SilentConfessions September 4th 2009 02:45 PM

''Are you okay'' when I'm sat quietly. I know I like to talk all the time and such but I am allowed to sit quietly from time to time, right?

alonealways September 4th 2009 03:38 PM

See the thing is, most of these questions you guys mention, I hate as well.

But the guy I like asks them a lot and for some reason I'm never bothered by them. I even WANT him to ask about the self harm and stuff. I WANT him to know why. Maybe it's the people that are close to you that you want to know because you want help but it's an addiction. I don't know.

I don't have any questions I hate people asking me because it's always okay coming from certain people. Like my mom asking me things about a boyfriend (not that I have one) would be okay. My best best friends asking me about my depression and what not.

There's only one question I can't stand... from anybody...
"How was the helicopter ride?"

):

♥Bliz December 7th 2009 09:47 PM

Are you gay?:
Who'd ask that? To personal, and quite unlikely. Plus why would they care? Do they think I am?What made them think that? (you get it....)

What are you doing? (while I'm doing something that requires focus or is obvios.)

Why'd you do that? (specaily when I'm angered by it, it was the best I could do, or when it was a simple mistake.)

Do you like me?/Am I pretty?:
(awkward...........and can't tell if your serous, which makes it all the much worse.)

A Lady December 8th 2009 02:28 AM

The dialogue usually goes like this:

- Well have you finally got yourself a boyfriend?
- No.
- What are you waiting for!

Can't I be single and happy? Apparently not.

Stardaze December 8th 2009 02:57 AM

"Are you okay?"

"Are you seriously 18?"

twk. December 8th 2009 03:08 AM

How Was you're day?
same as always. i have a boring full time job. don't act like you don't know this

How are you?
even if i was depressed again i wouldn't tell you

Wannabe Writer December 8th 2009 04:28 AM

"Do you like being home schooled?"
Yep.
"Aren't you lonely being home schooled"
No.
"
Are you ok?"- said only because I'm not talkative. Apparently my family believes I'm depressed the moment I stop talking. And why would I want to tell if I wasn't?
"Hows school?"
I burned all my school books and used them to roast marshmallows. T.T
^ Ok, so I only wish I had done that, but really, what is with these people obsession with my school?!
"You like him don't you?"- regarding my best friend.
That's really none of your business.

baileybay December 8th 2009 04:58 AM

Are you ok?
im ok just in a bad mood
Are you sad about your dad?
NO just because my died doesnt mean thats the only thing that upsets me

Are you over the whole drug thing yet?
No im an addict ill never get over it, and the answer doesnt change over a week

Why dont you ever talk about your feelings or whats happend?
Because I dont see the point in bring things up that are painful

I personally thing these questions are just stupid and when people ask stupid questions it pisses me off

Ol' Spazsauce December 8th 2009 05:21 AM

You want something to drink?
No, I'm fine, thank you.
You sure?
Yeah, I don't want to put you out any.
It's not putting me out any.
Nah, it's ok.
Ok, if you need anything it's right here in the fridge.

I get that A LOT. I know they're just trying to be nice but it's REALLLLLLY annoying. XD

Skeleton December 8th 2009 10:02 AM

What's up?
I get this a lot and when I ask why people asked, they always reply with "because you weren't smiling / you look unhappy". Just because I don't have a constant smile / happy look on my face doesn't mean I'm not okay and people never believe that nothing is up. It's probably one of the most annoying questions along with people telling me to smile and cheer up.

Lugez December 8th 2009 11:58 PM

After reading through this thread, I seem to be very tolerant and most of the questions mentioned I wouldn't mind being asked..

Just don't ask me too much about my personal life after just meeting you. I can get defensive if you do so.

But to name a couple questions..

Why are you so quiet? - I'm shy and hate getting asked this.

I don't mind people asking if i have a gf, but I hate when it's following by "Why don't you have one?" or any other question involving relationships. It's none of your business, so screw off.

-What are you?
-I'm American.
-No, but WHAT are you?
-I'm American...
-But where are you from?
-New Jersey...
-I mean your heritage/family!

This annoys me because I don't really identify with my family culture at all. I was born and raised here, isn't that all that matters?

TheBabyEater December 9th 2009 01:37 AM

Don't you have any female friends you can hang out with?

My dad asked me this when we were in town and I was hanging with my boyfriend too much apparently... god forbid I ever see him...

Strider December 9th 2009 08:47 PM

I don't like the standard 'How are you?' question. It always seems like a conversation starter to me and not much else. The only exception to this is when I ask my friend Rachel because she always likes to make up really creative answers instead of the standard 'I'm fine'.

Casting_Agent December 10th 2009 05:11 PM

Can you tell me about your family history?

- Not knowing your family and having to admit this, beyond sucks.

Bibliophile December 10th 2009 06:06 PM

"Are you okay?"
"What's wrong?"
"Are they your parents?"

Arcenciel December 10th 2009 06:27 PM

Every week my counselor looks at me and says "how are you doing"
I usually just nod. I'm never doing alright when I go see her (I'm on an "if you need me, come see me" basis with her :P)

theatre=life December 15th 2009 11:40 PM

I hate when people ask me, "why are you limping?" or "are you limping?". I walk differently and depending on my day depends how noticable it is and i am self-concious about it.

another question i hate is "are you okay" when i am practicly in tears.

Tea-monkey December 16th 2009 10:25 AM

This is one that annoys the crap out of me, and I hear it a lot.

Are you a lesbian?
No
She said you were
Well I don't know her
Are you calling her a liar?
No (walks away)
Where the f*** are you going?
To snog my boyfriend's face off

Stupid chavs!

3000 December 16th 2009 10:46 AM

When me my 22 year old brother get into a little verbal scuffle, and he says "yeah, well, why don't YOU get a job??". And I tell him it's because I'm 14 and I can't get a proper job.
And I have looked several places trying to get one, with no luck.
But then he says "YEAH RIGHT" and leaves.

When my extended family asks me if I'm going to see them next time my dad goes up. Mostly because they ALL have to call and stay on for a long time(I don't like long phone calls) and give me shit.

And when I was 11-12 and I had my first BF, people would always ask "So like... What do you two even do?". And they always said it in this tone that seemed more like they were saying "I'm better than you because I'm older and I have sex". Bastards.

"Are you a vegetarian?"
Burgers and poultry are the ONLY meats in the world, apparently. And then there's always the follow-up... "So, what DO you eat?". Ugh.

"What are you doing?" doesn't bother me so much. It's just when people get specific... Like "what are you drawing/watching/playing/etc.?".

And also this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee
You do know wrestling is fake, right?

To which I always reply "I don't care, I only watch it because it's half-naked, muscular, sweaty men tackling other half-naked, muscular, sweaty men."
And then they get grossed out and leave.
Problem solved.