TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Birthdays! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f37-birthdays/)
-   -   I had a great birthday! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f37-birthdays/t158953-i-had-great-birthday/)

Ennui. June 5th 2019 03:33 AM

I had a great birthday!

I turned 23 on June 3. I wasn't expecting to do anything fancy for it except eat cake with my parents. I also had my internship all day so I expected to just go home and sleep after, but it turned out a lot better than I'd hoped!

First, I found out that my abstract was accepted for the American Public Health Association conference! That means that in November, I get to go to Philadelphia to present a poster at the conference. This was my first time ever submitting an abstract, especially to an organization like this, so I was surprised that I got accepted!

My capstone was also approved by the department, which means that I will be able to work on the thesis topic I want to.

While I was at my internship, two of my friends messaged me and asked if I wanted to go swimming. They were my roommates last year so I was super excited to do that. They picked me up after my internship and also told me that they were buying me one of my favorite pizzas to celebrate. So we got the pizza and we went to one of my friend's aunt's house to eat it and go in her pool. They'd got me a towel with unicorns on it. We also played the game pool. and I was able to see her aunt's five cats and one dog. :hehe: I'm always happy to play with some cute animals. And then, they surprised me with an ice cream cake. :dem: I only have those a few times a year on people's birthdays, so I was pretty happy with that. They put candles on it and for some reason it took me a few tries to blow them out even though they were trick candles :nosweat: And her aunt gave me a few of her flowers. So, it was a pretty good night. It made me feel super loved and appreciated, like I had actual true friends that care about me and are there for me, and it really made my day.

So, I had a happy birthday. :D

Celyn June 5th 2019 10:28 AM

Re: I had a great birthday!

Glad you had a happy birthday!

Super amazing that your abstract was accepted for the conference. Sounds like it will be an exciting and interesting experience for you!

It's also really sweet that your friends got you pizza and an ice cream cake and you got to go swimming and see cute animals too. Sounds like you had a blast :)

Effy2018 June 5th 2019 11:17 AM

Glad you had a good birthday :)

Silvan June 8th 2019 10:15 AM

Dez, that's wonderful to hear. What your friends did for your birthday sounds amazing, they really seem to appreciate your friendship! And happy belated birthday!! xx

hocus pocus June 8th 2019 11:55 AM

Aw, that's awesome! I am glad you had a good birthday. You deserve it. :)

Also ice cream cake is the best.

Dawn. June 11th 2019 08:24 AM

Happy belated birthday! :)

It's great to hear you had such a good time with friends. Sounds like you have a good group of people to spend it with.

And congratulations on all of your achievements!

DeletedAccount69 June 11th 2019 01:25 PM

I'm glad you ended up having a good birthday! Also congratulations on all the accomplishments. I bet your thesis will be great!

DeletedAccount59 June 11th 2019 01:29 PM

I already gave you my well-wishes and congratulations, but congratulations and I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! :hug: