TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Birthdays! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f37-birthdays/)
-   -   HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f37-birthdays/t88129-happy-birthday/)

Kristen1995 November 7th 2011 02:40 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My 16th birthday is next month. This is gonna be SPECIAL with a good surprise. Die on the day I was born. Easier for everyone to forget. I used to care, but not any more. More importantly, I would truely feel happy on that day.

Everglow. November 7th 2011 05:04 PM

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Kristen,

I'm really sorry that you're thinking this way, and I wish that you weren't. The fact you've posted here ,though, is indication to me that it's not the only path you could choose and you know this. There are in fact many different ways of dealing with the feelings you have, and I'd highly suggest you trying them. Suicide is not the best or only option. You'd be running away from something that could be sorted out with other methods. Do you talk to a professional? If you're not, I'd seriously recommend it. They'll be able to offer you professional support in recovery, and target the issues that have made you feel this way in a more planned out way. They'll know what they're doing.

People would definitely care if they lost you. This is a massive thing you're thinking about. You may feel as though once it's over, that's it - but it's not. This will have a chain reaction on those around you, and it WILL hurt them. As much as you don't think so, it's highly likely that they will in fact be affected quite badly by the loss. Sometimes, and I know as I have felt this way, it feels like nobody cares, but they do - I'm pretty certain of that.

I hope you reconsider this, and really think about what you're planning on. It's not the only way to get through this. Keep your chin up,
Hollie.

nouse November 8th 2011 05:20 AM

Kristen, 16? That's too young. Too young to give up, too young to leave. The amount of hearts that would be broken if you took your life is more than you'd expect. Suicide fixes absolutely nothing, but causes more problems for the people around you. It gets rid of any chance of anything good happening to you ever again, and leaves everyone wondering what they could have done, why you did it, and wishing you were still around.
Please don't truly consider this. You're too valuable. You were made for a reason, and you can reach that. But only if you live.

Some Random Dude November 8th 2011 06:59 AM

I have / had the same plan. I almost did it two days ago too. I had the 3.57 to my head, but as you can see, I didn't do it. I didn't do it because I thought about the things that I've done and the things I havn't done and I decided that I'd put it off for a while. You should think about those things too. Just think about all of the life experiences that you'll never see by killing yourself. You'll never get married or have kids or do anything like that. So please don't do it. Even if every fiber of your being wants to. Because even though life can be a major pain in the ass, thats no reason to end it.

Crimsonkin November 8th 2011 07:02 AM

A simple question i ask to you!

What happens when we die?

If you can't answer this then how do you know that suicide will make it all go away?

Will death be the escape your looking for?

Plz just think about this before taking your life.

oegirl14 November 8th 2011 08:50 PM

Today is my birth day. 6 months ago Ii decided I was gonna die today. Instead I am going to therapy, which I hate, with my boyfriend, who I might love, and I am actually happy today. Please understand you have hope. I made it I know you can too.

Caiti2 November 9th 2011 01:01 AM

look kristin i can tell u things will get better until i go blue in the face but u wont believe me
im not sure what to say anymore just no i care about u
u deserve better
sometimes when you cant see the light at the end of the tunnel and it seems that theres is no hope
u just have to have faith that it is there
dont give up
its there u just gotta believe in urself and believe that u can get better
take it one day at a time
luv caiti