TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t5957-boy-11-accused-killing-fathers-pregnant-girlfriend/)

Blackwing February 22nd 2009 03:13 PM

Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/21/...ml?eref=rss_us

An 11-year-old boy is facing adult charges in the shooting death of his father's pregnant girlfriend, authorities said Saturday.

Police say the boy shot Kenzie Marie Houk, who was eight months pregnant, once at point-blank range in her farmhouse in western Pennsylvania.

The boy, whose name was withheld by CNN because he is a juvenile, was charged with one count each of criminal homicide and homicide of an unborn child in the death of Houk, 26, Lawrence County District Attorney John Bongivengo told CNN.

Houk's 4-year-old daughter found her in her bed Friday, according to police. The child alerted landscapers working near the home, who then called authorities.

"This is something that you wouldn't even think of in your worst nightmare, that you'd have to charge an 11-year-old with homicide," Bongivengo said, according to CNN affiliate WTAE. "It's heinous, the whole situation."

Under Pennsylvania law, anyone over the age of 10 accused of murder or homicide is charged as an adult. If convicted, the boy faces a maximum sentence of life in prison, Bongivengo said.

Authorities said the boy is the son of the victim's live-in boyfriend at the home in Wampum, about 35 miles northwest of Pittsburgh.

Gingerbread Latte February 22nd 2009 03:17 PM

Re: Boy, 11, accused of killing father's pregnant girlfriend

I heard this on the news earlier, how on earth did he manage to get a gun? Children are getting worse and worse these days.

udontno February 22nd 2009 03:38 PM

This is really sad. What is worse that he will be charged as an adult. He's ten years old. I seriously doubt that he knew the impact of his actions and what would happen. It's a horrible thing. :-(

BrittneyNicole February 22nd 2009 04:28 PM

That's horrible. So horrible. I can't imagine what that family is going through.

Confused1isin February 23rd 2009 03:21 AM

And this is why you always keep guns and bullets seperatly locked in different places, and the keys out of kids reach.

Hdjdjdjduvieg February 23rd 2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by udontno (Post 60402)
This is really sad. What is worse that he will be charged as an adult. He's ten years old. I seriously doubt that he knew the impact of his actions and what would happen. It's a horrible thing. :-(

I'm sure as hell by the time I was 11 years old I knew whether or not it was wrong to kill someone and their baby. Adult crime; adult punishment.

Dasha February 23rd 2009 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 61420)
Adult crime; adult punishment.

Completely true. Thats why parents have to take control of their children better and be sure to teach them of the full consequences to their actions, and not wait for someone else to do it for them. Otherwise you'll have kids like this running around thinking its okay to shoot people you don't like.

udontno February 25th 2009 01:15 AM

More On This Story

They are trying to obtain his homework. I wonder how long he could get for this crime in his state... someone at least needs to make sure he learns life skills if there is the chance he could be set out into the world again.

Blackwing February 25th 2009 01:53 AM

Maybe some good influences in his life will help as well a role model fiqure more like.