TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Transsexual Pregnant with Twins Mid-Sex Change (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t8746-transsexual-pregnant-twins-mid-sex-change/)

udontno March 22nd 2009 05:19 PM

Transsexual Pregnant with Twins Mid-Sex Change

Article

Quote:

Newser) – A Spanish transsexual undergoing gender reassignment from female to male is pregnant with twins, reports the New York Daily News. Ruben Coronado interrupted the sex change process for fertility treatments after learning his partner couldn't have more children. Coronado plans to complete the sex change after the twins are born and act as their father. In the meantime, he's considering selling photos of his pregnancy: "If I don't do it, someone else will and they'll make a fortune," he said.
If I was him, I'd sell photos of my pregnancy. Thomas Beatie, the "pregnant man" was bound to have made a fortune off the photos from his pregnancy. It's always interesting to see something like that, since it is out of the "norm".

losing touch. March 22nd 2009 05:24 PM

Re: Transsexual Pregnant with Twins Mid-Sex Change

But, he must be technically still a woman to be having kids.. so what's the big deal about it? Anyway, yeah.. if i were him i'd make the most money out of it as possible.

udontno March 22nd 2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxEllexx (Post 89900)
But, he must be technically still a woman to be having kids.. so what's the big deal about it? Anyway, yeah.. if i were him i'd make the most money out of it as possible.

The big deal out of it is because he's probably presenting as a man. If you were to see him right now, you'd assume that he was a man I'm sure. It's odd to see a man who is pregnant. Do you remember the case of Thomas Beatie (click here for old article) who was pregnant? If he looked like a woman and wasn't legally a man, this wouldn't have been a big deal. It's made a big deal because of how you present yourself.

losing touch. March 22nd 2009 05:33 PM

Oh right ok, i got confused.
Yeah, i remember the story about him, there was a documentary on it as well i seem to remember.
But yeah, i'm sure this guy will make a nice amount of money out of it, and i don't blame him, i think most people would.

noise94 March 22nd 2009 07:28 PM

Huh. Well, he might as well get money out of it. :bleh:

That is rather interesting, though. It's so odd. Not something you hear everyday. xD

R.K. March 23rd 2009 03:38 PM

Whatever works for him.

Beatie also wrote a book if I'm not mistaken.

BrittneyNicole March 23rd 2009 04:13 PM

Good for him! I hate stupid gender and sex norms. I hope the pregnancy goes well and his transition is flawless. :]

Olive, always March 23rd 2009 04:24 PM

:P
Cheap entertainment much? Yes. Let he/she do what he/she wants. In the end, two kids come out, it's no big deal.

iHEAVENn March 23rd 2009 04:33 PM

o.OMaking money off of pregnancy just because you wanted a sex change is just wrong.
I really wish people would stop saying "male pregnancy"
Lets face it, the dude is still a woman, even with a sex change.

MaggzB March 23rd 2009 05:42 PM

let him do whatever makes him happy... have the kids and complete the transformation so what a guy who appears to be a guy still has the female parts is pregnant who cares? if hes happy thats what matters