TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f39-religion-spirituality-science-philosophy/)
-   -   Paganism? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f39-religion-spirituality-science-philosophy/t156835-paganism/)

Unidentified~Unicorn August 22nd 2018 12:11 AM

Paganism?

I'm very curious as to what being a pagan is about. I've actually been very interested in becoming a pagan, just I'm not sure what being a pagan means. Can anyone go into detail with what a pagan is and means?

Latte August 23rd 2018 07:54 PM

Re: Paganism?

There are actually a bunch of pagan religions. One of my friends told me about paganpedia on Facebook that you can check out, though I don't know much about it.

Mostly they are spiritual religions with a reverence for nature and include "religions" like Wicca, Neo-Druidism, Heathenry, and Slavic Native Faith.

I googled pagan for beginners and a lot of results came up.

I would recommend looking through that and trying to find blogs, websites, or forums that will allow you to connect with it and see how you feel about it.

Lizzie August 23rd 2018 09:32 PM

Pagan is an umbrella term for quite a few faiths. Or you can just be pagan. It just depends. Maybe if you explain what draws you to it and what you believe we can help point you in the right direction.

Unidentified~Unicorn August 27th 2018 12:11 AM

I am actually curious about paganism as a whole. I know I can search things up about it, but I just thought that maybe some pagans on here can help make it easier to understand? Like, the type of beliefs that I am interested in is the one about nature and the earth and animals or something like that.

Lizzie August 27th 2018 07:11 PM

So some Pagans believe that there is a higher power. Depending on their belief this may just be the universe but can also be polytheistic. Polytheistic means that you believe in multiple higher powers or Gods. I personally believe in two (which can be common). I believe in a male and female god, or sometimes referred to as the Lord and Lady. To me this represents the male and female aspects of the entire world, mother and father, day and night, the yin and yang if you will. But there are also many, many pagan beliefs with multiple Gods and Goddesses. In Celtic, Roman, Greek (so on and so forth) there are many higher powers, each with their own tie to things on earth.

Something along those lines?

Unidentified~Unicorn August 27th 2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzie (Post 1328320)
So some Pagans believe that there is a higher power. Depending on their belief this may just be the universe but can also be polytheistic. Polytheistic means that you believe in multiple higher powers or Gods. I personally believe in two (which can be common). I believe in a male and female god, or sometimes referred to as the Lord and Lady. To me this represents the male and female aspects of the entire world, mother and father, day and night, the yin and yang if you will. But there are also many, many pagan beliefs with multiple Gods and Goddesses. In Celtic, Roman, Greek (so on and so forth) there are many higher powers, each with their own tie to things on earth.

Something along those lines?

Yes! That is exactly it.

Lizzie August 27th 2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unidentified~Unicorn (Post 1328325)
Yes! That is exactly it.

Anything else we can help you with? :)

Unidentified~Unicorn August 28th 2018 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzie (Post 1328327)

Anything else we can help you with? :)

Nope! I actually think I've got all the answers I need. Thanks so much!

Dawn. August 24th 2020 03:30 AM

Hello there,

I'm not too familiar with what Paganism is but maybe the following link might help. :)

https://www.paganfederation.org/what-is-paganism/