TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Peer Pressure and Bullying (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f20-peer-pressure-bullying/)
-   -   Don't know what to do. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f20-peer-pressure-bullying/t161262-dont-know-what-do/)

Unregistered February 8th 2021 07:20 PM

Don't know what to do.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]In three of my classes, I have these two girl's they are twins and they trip, push me and the other students at school. No one tells on them because both parents work at the school. They started it about two months ago, and now I just want to cry all the time, sorry.[/size][/color][/font]

DeletedAccount59 February 8th 2021 07:41 PM

Re: Don't know what to do.

Report them, that's all there is to it. They're putting their hands and other body parts on you; that is called assault and they can get arrested for that. Who cares their parents work at the school, that doesn't give them free pass to be bullies. Report them to the administration if you don't feel comfortable going to the principal.

Everglow. February 8th 2021 08:59 PM

I'm sorry these girls are doing these things to you, as somebody who has been through bullying I understand that it makes school a less pleasant environment to be in. I agree with the post above in that you should report them even if they do have parents working in the school. If anything, it's even more of a reason that they are dealt with as it doesn't look good on that staff member if their child is a bully. I would suggest maybe talking to a staff member who isn't their parent though as it will avoid nothing being done about it.

Please dont ever feel like you need to apologise for being upset either. This is not a nice way to feel in school or anywhere else and it's completely understandable that you're upset and even feel like crying. It's unacceptable for anybody to treat you this way and being upset is justified.

I hope you manage to find a way to stop these girls hurting you. Please remember you can always post a reply or another thread if there's anything else we can help with.

Mallika February 10th 2021 09:52 AM

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out!

I'm sorry that you and your classmates are having to go through this. It can get very emotionally overwhelming especially when you are a young student. However, you are your own individual and are entitled to have your voice heard. Even if their parents are working at the school, that is no excuse for their unruly behaviour. Reporting their behaviour would be the best thing to do.

I can understand that you might be concerned about singled out if you reported them. Is there a teacher or school counsellor whom you can confide in, who will keep your identity confidential? Alternatively, you may write a note anonymously, giving all details of the twins' behaviour and get it to reach a particular teacher/discipline instructor, etc asking them to look into this matter. If you go to your school's reception desk, the clerk might be able to pass your note to a teacher without knowing who you are.

You're absolutely justified to feel the way you are feeling; I have felt the same way when I was in school confronted by such meanies. It is a very good thing that you reached out. There's great strength in taking steps to do something about an issue - which starts with voicing our concerns.

I wish you strength :hug:

Rivière February 12th 2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melancholia. (Post 1362370)
Report them, that's all there is to it. They're putting their hands and other body parts on you; that is called assault and they can get arrested for that. Who cares their parents work at the school, that doesn't give them free pass to be bullies. Report them to the administration if you don't feel comfortable going to the principal.

100% this.

What they're doing is not acceptable behaviour. Just because their parents work at the school doesn't mean they should be allowed to get away with it. I sincerely hope you've reported them. And if you still haven't yet, consider speaking to some of the others at your school and encourage them to come forward with you about this bullying behaviour.

Dawn. February 13th 2021 12:13 AM

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. The only thing to do is to report them to a teacher you trust as what they are doing is not ok.

DeletedAccount53 February 13th 2021 12:04 PM

Great suggestions here, but to get authority to act exceedingly swiftly, a hand-written letter to the school governors who are the overseers of your school will have great impact.

Most schools have an anti-bullying policy. A letter to the school's governors handed in to the administrative office will see it go straight to the govenors concerned. Enclosing a stamped addressed envelope should see a faster reply.