TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Loneliness (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/)
-   -   Lonely (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/t103094-lonely/)

Camisado June 2nd 2012 09:53 PM

Lonely

Hi I just wondered if anyone has any advice I feel so lonely- missing someone is the worst feeling ever, what are you supposed to do to feel better? I feel so low right now :(

Collies R Us June 2nd 2012 11:19 PM

Re: Lonely

You could read a good book or watch something on tv that will make you laugh. That's what I used to do when I was feeling lonely. It was Spongebob if I remember correctly...LOL.

Is it like a lonely/ sad feeling? When that happens to me I try to be around people as much as possible. People that can distract you and cheer you up help a lot.

I've heard ice cream is something that'll make you feel better too. Finally! An excuse to eat ice cream! :D
- Collies R Us aka Ally

George^^ June 2nd 2012 11:20 PM

I read, go on TH or other fun sites, and right now, write. That's basically what I do.

minniemouseprincess June 3rd 2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie01 (Post 888549)
Hi I just wondered if anyone has any advice I feel so lonely- missing someone is the worst feeling ever, what are you supposed to do to feel better? I feel so low right now :(

I've been feeling that exact same feeling for the past few days babe. My best friend is away on vacation till Monday and i've been missing her everyday. I keep seeing things that remind me of her and keep wondering how shes doing. If you wanna talk, i'm def. here. I know how much it can suck to miss someone=( But whoever it is, you will see them again soon. The best things take the longest to happen=)

Lumos. June 3rd 2012 01:22 AM

Do your favorite things. That normally helps me when im lonely. Hope you find a way to feel unlonely. :)

survivor16 June 3rd 2012 02:19 AM

Hey! I'm sorry you are having a hard time with this! :( It sucks to miss someone, and it's completely natural to feel what you are feeling.

Try to do things you love. Be hopen with your friends and family and let them know that you need their support right now.

We are here for you as well. :hug:

MindBodySpirit June 3rd 2012 02:35 AM

No matter what kind of mood I'm in, I can usually watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and begin to feel a little bit better. I also tend to work out, do something that I normally wouldn't do, or just sit around and mope. One time, I just decided that I would start listing things. I made a list of future lists that I could make. It can be something completely strange like that.

Ten.Foot.Line June 3rd 2012 06:36 AM

After I moved cross-country I was really lonely and cried pretty much every night. I found that writing poetry (not the rhymey kind) helped. You could try to find a way that expresses your sorrow. Ie art, music, writing, sports (particularly violent ones ;) )

Camisado June 3rd 2012 09:11 AM

Hi thank you for the advice il try all of the distractions things! The thing is il never see him again - Ive finished school now and I have no friends which means its gonna be hard to find things to do all study leave, and when im just sat there I miss people and regret not doing something earlier- which is equally as horrible. Its just inevitable I guess and itsmy own fault i have no friends

Emmaleigh753 June 6th 2012 02:00 AM

hello,
yes, missing someon is a hard feeling, and sometimes it may be hard to get through it. but honey, if your lonely we are here for support at any time, and if you ever need anything im always here feel free to message me. and on feeling better, try doing something that you enjoy, maybe singing, writing, or even drawing.
i hope this helped.
*emma

Taz123 June 6th 2012 02:13 AM

You may have more friends then you think. All you have to do is reach out to people and I'm sure most of them will be there for you. Missing someone sucks a lot. I know how it is to put everything into someone and then lose them, but life gets better and you will meet people. Just keep trying and hang in there.

Camisado June 6th 2012 06:01 PM

Thank you everyone for your advice its helped, i bought a notebook and am going to write down all of the advice ideas so I can read it when im feeling low. Do you think that writing down my feelings in a journal/ diary could help?

Evanesco June 10th 2012 06:34 PM

Writing down feelings in a journal sounds like a very good idea. :) It's a great way to get feelings out of your head, because once they're on paper I've found that they're easier to forget about.

davidboon912 June 20th 2012 10:06 AM

Don't think about the things that make you sad. try to distract your mind to something else. When i feel sad i usually read suspense novels that works very fast and great...
If don't find any novel i usually watch comedy movies which make me feel good....

Squiggly June 20th 2012 12:03 PM

When someone that was very important to me moved really far away (I haven't seen them in 3 years now and haven't heard from them in 2) I was really upset and really lonely. What worked best for me was doing my best to make new friends and trying to spend as much time with them as I could and keeping busy. Eventually I found a new person who was just as important to me and I don't have to be lonely anymore. Time really does make everything better. In the meantime try to keep yourself as busy as possible and spend time with other people.

Amorphous. June 26th 2012 11:14 AM

I suggest Paramore :dem:.

XD.

He or she will be back soon, look forward to that. Keep your mind off it, WRITE (yes, the journal is a BEAUTIFUL idea)!!!!! When they are back, bin it LOL. I know, sweetheart, missing someone is the worst feeling in human history. One week seems like one year.

I know how you feel :).