TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Loneliness (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/)
-   -   Lonely (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/t11193-lonely/)

B.O.T.E April 15th 2009 04:49 AM

Lonely

Sometimes I feel so lonely, like If I were to just die, or get in an accident. Who would actually be there? In the hospital by my side, or at my funeral. Who actually cares that I would be gone? Yeah probably my mom dad and sister, but would that be all?
Friends from work-can I call them friends?
My girlfriend? Would she be there?
What about my friends outside of work? Who would actually care to visit?

Im so glad Im going to see a therapist!

star_crossd April 15th 2009 04:53 AM

Re: Lonely

Hey, Im sure more people than your family would see you. I can guarantee your gf would be by your side, if not, shes definitely not worth keeping. Your friends care about you too. If you were to die or get in an accident, there are many people who would be upset, including those here on TH :)

And I hope your therapist helps! All the ones I saw completely sucked =P

ItsMe April 15th 2009 05:35 AM

There are always people that care about you, probably more than you think. All your good friends would be there, and your family too. What made you think no one would be sorry if you were gone?

Good luck with your therapist!

B.O.T.E April 15th 2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsMe (Post 115068)
There are always people that care about you, probably more than you think. All your good friends would be there, and your family too. What made you think no one would be sorry if you were gone?

Good luck with your therapist!

I never really had a lot of friends. Maybe one or two close friends growing up but i dont keep contact with them.

I call my girlfriend my best friend as she does me too, but she also has 4 other best friends and about a million other close friends. I only have her it seems like.

High school was a terrible expierence for me. I was to shy to do anything

i_am_me_again April 15th 2009 07:55 PM

Im really sorry you feel this way

*Hugs*

Sometimes I feel so lonely, like If I were to just die, or get in an accident. Who would actually be there?
You'de be suprised, there would be your family, your girlfriend, your work friends...of course you feel like no-one would be there, but thats just a negative feeling, far from the truth.

In the hospital by my side, or at my funeral. Who actually cares that I would be gone? Yeah probably my mom dad and sister, but would that be all?
No, of course not, more people than you know care about you. Like I already mentioned, you have people in your life who care for your very much.

Friends from work-can I call them friends?
Why do you think you cant call them friends?

My girlfriend? Would she be there?
What about my friends outside of work? Who would actually care to visit?

Im so glad Im going to see a therapist!
Im glad as well, that you are going to a therapist, Im glad your getting help, you deserve to be happy, not thinking negative or suicidal.
You deserve a happy life, because you are special to so many people, you dont even realise.

*Hugs* Good luck with your therapist.

love__me April 15th 2009 08:31 PM

I agree with everyone else, People care, and you don't even realize it. Your not alone, you have people all around you that love you and that will help you in anyway they can.

Palmolive April 15th 2009 10:34 PM

Its not nice to feel lonely and as if no one cares. But im sure your just thinking this way. Im sure there are many people in the world who love and care for you and would proably do anything to keep you alive!
x

ItsMe April 16th 2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.O.T.E (Post 115573)
I never really had a lot of friends. Maybe one or two close friends growing up but i dont keep contact with them.

I call my girlfriend my best friend as she does me too, but she also has 4 other best friends and about a million other close friends. I only have her it seems like.

High school was a terrible expierence for me. I was to shy to do anything

You have just mentioned one person that would care for you. I'm sure your girlfriend cares about you, or she wouldn't consider you also a friend.

Also, you say you were to shy to do anything in highschool... I can relate to that. I wasn't the type of person to go out with either. But you can change (I know, I did it). Why not try something else? like a sport or something? You can easily meet new persons there... and who knows, even new good friends?

If you need to talk feel free to send me a PM.

Take care,

B.O.T.E April 16th 2009 04:19 AM

Im still a shy person, and Im probably always going to be, that will never change. I have broken out of my shell quite a bit because of high school.
I mean, It hurts to think of high school for me, so I try hard to move on so to speak.

People I considered a friend then I no longer keep in contact with because I now know, their not friends. they were dicks to me, I was just to scared to make new friends in high school. I was to scared to do anything!

ItsMe April 17th 2009 04:20 AM

Why not trying to change, and step by step try to be less shy? Just talk about it with your therapist, and see what he thinks about it. He can probably even give you some ideas.

Just remember, it's never too late to start a new life. And believe me, it feels great when you accomplish it.