TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Loneliness (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/)
-   -   Triggering (ED): I SERIOUSLY MESSED UP oh my god lonely confused upset (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f540-loneliness/t149107-i-seriously-messed-up-oh-my-god-lonely-confused-upset/)

bringmethehorizon♥ December 23rd 2016 07:04 PM

I SERIOUSLY MESSED UP oh my god lonely confused upset

Hi everyone for all of you that know me I have been struggling with an eating disorder for a while and I finally reached a nice weight which me and my doctor said was nice and healthy but I was still struggling with eating so he said just give it time I should be alright anyway story short I just felt stressed out about not eating like everyone else and I have eaten way to much I binge ate everything insight and I mean I really over ate these past 3 days and im scared about whats going to happen to my body :(:'( I was incredibly proud of how I looked and how healthy I looked but im really scared :( as a moderator I know i'm not allowed to give you the reference of my intake to give you some level of idea of how much I ate but lets just it was enough to make me feel really sick if I just eat normally will this result in what? please note what I normally under eat really heavy but my doctor knows this and he said it doesn't matter im weight restored and i can just take my time now but im so scared about what happened i just felt so pressured because it was Christmas :?

Kate* December 23rd 2016 08:58 PM

Re: I SERIOUSLY MESSED UP oh my god lonely confused upset

Hey Justin, short episodes of over or under eating (even large amounts) won't make much of a difference in your body, especially if you need the calories. Now, that doesn't mean that these patterns over the long term are a good idea, but if you slip either way once in a while it's not a big deal. I would focus on working through what caused you to do this in the first place. What's done is done, the best thing you can do now is take good care of yourself moving forward.

DeletedAccount69 December 24th 2016 01:59 AM

A three day binge is scary but I assure you that going back to eating what you were eating will be fine. I doubt you even gained weight from the binge and if you did eating normally won't cause you to gain more weight or keep the weight you gained on. I weigh myself daily and I have had incidences of binges and there hasn't been much difference in my weight.

I would actually suggest that you go back to eating normally cause restricting your calorie limit could easily lead to another binge.

I think finding coping skills to deal with binges would be helpful as well. You can't do anything about what you ate but you can find coping for the feelings that brings up. I notice you are the Technology and Gaming moderator so maybe you could play some video games or get involved in some tech based stuff. I know my boyfriend uses that as a distraction.

Best regards,
Jenna.

bringmethehorizon♥ December 24th 2016 11:02 AM

Thank you so much