TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Adult Survivors (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f543-adult-survivors/)
-   -   Triggering: Life has been something (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f543-adult-survivors/t162764-life-has-been-something/)

Rika April 1st 2022 03:14 PM

Life has been something

I just marked it as triggering due to health reasons!

Oh man, where do I begin? I forgot my username and password, and betting the email is gone too. I joined during my junior year of high school. I was not a very nice/good person back then, and changed now.

I went on to have a job till 2012, then ended up on SSDI afterwards. I have since found a nice remote part-time job, and am on a ticket to work program. Later in 2013, health issues happened... Low potassium and have chronic kidney disease. Flash forward to like 2019 or so, and have type 2 diabetes. I also later in 2020 got dx with sleep apnea too.

In 2020 I also have found out I have kidney stones badly, and am told I'd likely be suffering with them and they'll keep coming back.

Ennui. April 1st 2022 08:11 PM

Re: Life has been something

It looks like a lot has happened since you have been on here last! It looks like you've made a lot of personal growth, which is great to hear. Sorry that you lost your old account though.

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues but I am hoping that they are being well-managed by you and your doctors. :hug:

DeletedAccount81 April 2nd 2022 11:55 PM

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about all the health issues you've been having. I hope you're getting the necessary support for them. :hug:

Rika April 4th 2022 03:04 PM

Thanks all. I can control my diabetes for sure. The kidney stones I am totally unsure of yet on what is suggested.

Rika January 10th 2023 10:42 PM

So an update on this topic!

My kidney stones are forever going to be a life long issue the urologist said. My kidneys both apparently look like a sponge kidney. It's called Medullary Sponge Kidney according to my research. I continue to see my kidney doctor and PCP as per usual alongside the urologist. I also was supposed to be seeing my GI doctor for follow ups, but have not the past 2-3 years. Oops!

Urologist seems to think a kidney transplant could maybe work, buuut I'm not on board for that at all.

Ennui. January 11th 2023 01:04 AM

I’m sorry that the kidney stones are going to be a recurring problem. I can understand not being on board with a transplant right now too. I hope that with routine monitoring that things will work out!

Coffee. January 11th 2023 06:44 PM

Wow, that's a lot to be going through. Are there other therapies they recommend other than transplant? :hug:

Rika October 13th 2023 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee. (Post 1384633)
Wow, that's a lot to be going through. Are there other therapies they recommend other than transplant? :hug:

Medications, losing weight, etc will help for sure. Kidney transplant should be for people who need it like ASAP imo.