TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Reasons why girls find it hard to get wet (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t102056-reasons-why-girls-find-hard-get-wet/)

niente_ May 18th 2012 08:30 PM

Reasons why girls find it hard to get wet

I basically couldn't get wet last night when me and my boyfriend were trying to have sex, and he started taking it personally, saying it was obviously because I didn't find him attractive, but I know it wasn't that. But I couldn't think of another explanation.

In your experience what are some of the reasons for girls not being able to get wet when they're having sex?

p.s. I do have lube and stuff, I'm not wanting a solution, I'm wanting a list of reasons that it could be. Thank yooou!

Coffee. May 18th 2012 08:33 PM

Re: Reasons why girls find it hard to get wet

It's hard to explain this to guys, some days are just harder than others, whether or not we find the person attractive For one, are you on the pill or another hormone? The pill actually lowers your lubrication. And remind him that even if you are able to get a bit wet, adding lubricant is always a plus as well for better comfort. It's nothing against him.

JC! May 18th 2012 10:53 PM

Well maybe this is a silly analogy, but sometimes peoples mouth gets dry. It may be due to hydration or perhaps dehydration. Obviously if your body isnt as hydrated as it would like its not going to have the ability to make fluids? I dunno, its a possibility anyway

DestroyedSoul May 19th 2012 01:42 AM

Maybe it could be stress? Maybe you're just not in the mood?

Kumagoro May 19th 2012 02:45 AM

If you're particularly nervous or just not in the mood, that could be why. He shouldn't take it personally; just because you're not horny doesn't mean you're not attracted to him. It's just that the timing has to be right for both of you, otherwise there may be problems.

bitesize May 19th 2012 03:31 AM

Annnything from being a bit stressed or tired or annoyed or feeling self-conscious/unsexy to being dehydrated (believe it or not it can actually have an effect) to medication.

Pelios May 19th 2012 04:38 AM

Maybe your oestrogen levels are low this can cause a dryness or lack of lubrication.

SM13 May 19th 2012 01:28 PM

My birth control causes it to be harder to get wet. If you are on medicine it could be a possible reason.

bsims4860 May 19th 2012 01:52 PM

Sometimes I can get really wet and other times i wanna have sex but my body just doesn't respond. The inside of a vagina is very soft and sensitive and needs to be ready before having sex. If your not properly turned on you will find it hard to get wet. foreplay helps a ton when you in that desert stage. Another thing is if you don't feel well or your mind is getting easily distracted by other things it won't connect pleasure is going on to your vagina making it unresponsive. You can also masturbate a little or have your partner do it to how it feels right for you this can get the ball rolling a little faster. Please Please Please don't have sex dry. It can tear and rip the tender walls of your vagina.:nosweat:

Harmony♥ May 19th 2012 04:08 PM

Sometimes, I'm not fully aroused when my boyfriend and I start to become intimate. Usually because we don't indulge in foreplay (at least, I don't get any foreplay) beforehand. Maybe it's because we've been together for so long that we don't really need the foreplay, but sometimes it's nice. Birth control also adds to that too, but once getting started, I don't have a hard time getting wet.

AmazonQueen May 20th 2012 06:24 PM

Stress, being tired, being worried about something ie getting caught or not having enough time, sometimes could do it