TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: 15 and no period (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t102323-15-no-period/)

Hannah36 May 22nd 2012 03:27 AM

15 and no period

i turned 15 about 4 months ago and i still havent gotmy period. i've been for an annual checkup with my doctor but she didnt say anything of it. im about 168cm tall and weigh [EDITED]. is there something wrong with me?

stupidity May 22nd 2012 03:33 AM

Re: 15 and no period

You may want to edit out your height and weight as that breaks code of conduct.

WashoutThePain May 22nd 2012 05:08 AM

It sounds like you're a bit underweight (although posting weight figures is against the Terms of Service/ Code of Conduct, so please edit out the figure). Typically, being underweight can delay menarche, so you might not get your period till a bit later. However, it is normal for females to not reach puberty up until 18. It's not "typical" but it's not uncommon either. Sometimes ballerinas and dancers get their period on the later side, due to their physique (low percentage of body fat). If you're an athlete, it's not uncommon for your period to be a bit delayed.

If your doctor hasn't said anything, you should be perfectly fine :D If you have any concerns though, you can always call your doctor and ask questions. But I'd say just relax and wait for it. Trust me, no need to rush tampon usage ;)

cassiebieber44 May 23rd 2012 04:09 AM

believe me you do not want your period be happy you dont have it yet!!!!

havehopeyourbeautiful May 23rd 2012 04:15 AM

hey i am 16 in january and i dont have mine yet either even though everyone in my family got theres before 13 it is not uncommmon ! if you need anything feel free to vm me or pm me ! :) hope this helped :hug:

Coffee. May 23rd 2012 04:19 AM

My mother didn't get hers until 16. It happens sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are getting abdominal pain, then you may want to see a doctor for things that might be putting it off that are unhealthy. Also, next time you get a check up with your doctor, mention it. Your doctor might be able to give you more info pertaining to your weight. :)

Castiel's Angel May 23rd 2012 04:21 AM

Like the others said, you could just be a late bloomer. My aunty didn't get hers until she was 17, but my mum, her sister got it at 11. Everybodies, bodies develop at different rates so don't worry, it will come :D

Always * May 23rd 2012 06:13 PM

168 cm is like... 5'6" or so right? If the problem is that you don't weigh much for you're height (it's been edited but I read the mention of you're being a bit underweight on my way down) that could be a problem. I am not saying it's a bad thing, but I have been told being really light or really heavy can cause delays in puberty and/or periods (after you get your first one).
You might just be a late bloomer. It really isn't that big of a deal, 10-16 tends to be the average, with most people falling around 12-13/14. It's one of those things where you hit a certain age and want it. Then you get it and hate it. Eventually you get over hating it but still. You might want what ever pride or gratification comes with it, but don't worry about it to much. If you are almost 17 and still don't have it, I'd check in with your OB/GYN but you still have at least 2 years :)

Jennyjenn1 May 24th 2012 02:34 AM

You should ask the doctor about it. Has rest physical maturity come in.. breasts hair curves.. etc... ??

I don't think you should worry to much till your 16... but ask about it just to make sure there is nothing wrong and that your just a late bloomer which there is nothing wrong with.

Paix et Amour May 24th 2012 03:19 AM

trust me, you are lucky! it will come when it does, just be happy you dont have to deal with it haha. dont be worried about it unless you still dont have it when you are like 17. then it could be a hormone problem