TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Oral sex while a girl is on her period? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t107360-oral-sex-while-girl-her-period/)

cherryblossoms August 3rd 2012 11:48 AM

Oral sex while a girl is on her period?

This is my first time on this site and I really wanted to know opinions on performing oral sex to a girl while she is on her period. My boyfriend recently performed this to me and he said it wasn't that bad, except for the fact of his ruined bed sheets. (Oh well, it happens.) I honestly didn't mind. He knew and I asked him if he was sure he wanted to do so. He asked if I was comfortable with it and I assured him it was okay as long as he was as well. He continued to do so and well, it wasn't bad but how is it for the person on the other side? The one actually performing this?

Always * August 3rd 2012 01:33 PM

Re: Oral sex while a girl is on her period?

I think that most guys, or even girls for that matter (lesbian relationships), wouldn't want to perform oral on a girl while she is on her period. They wouldn't want to come in contact with the blood. For me to even want to let a guy give me oral while I am on my period is a bit of a nauseating thought. BUT just because I wouldn't do it and just because a lot of guys (at least the ones I've met) wouldn't like to do it does mean it isn't probable. So there is nothing wrong with you guys do it

anonymouswhale August 3rd 2012 04:42 PM

I feel like that could be a health risk for him... I mean, I wouldn't call it abnormal, per se, but I generally think that ingesting another person's bodily fluid can be a bit unsanitary.

But, if he's comfortable doing it, why not.

Cassie999 August 3rd 2012 05:09 PM

A male who likes to get dirty and doesn't mind having your blood inside him is just like any normal sex for him. Some guys don't mind it some guys don't want that. I've heard it helps period pains.

Evanesco August 3rd 2012 05:37 PM

If you have good hygiene, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it, if he enjoys it. If you had any blood born diseases, you shouldn't do it, but if you're clean from those, and look after yourself down there (that goes for oral sex all the time) then it should be perfectly fine. Personally, I didn't let my ex do anything down there whilst on my period, but that was because I didn't like it, not him. :hehe:

ARootlessTree August 3rd 2012 06:59 PM

Guy, here.

I'd never do it.

Jack Lowden August 3rd 2012 07:45 PM

I don't think it'd be a big deal as long as the girl is wearing a tampon or something. However I personally would never want someone to perform oral on me while I'm on my period, mostly because I'd be uncomfortable the whole time. It's the same for sex on my period; I'd rather not.

Kumagoro August 3rd 2012 08:01 PM

I'd never do it, and I'd never let anyone do it to me if it was that time of the month.

That's not to say I wouldn't do anything while I was on my period, but the thought of it involving oral makes me feel queasy just thinking about it. Each to their own, though. Unless it poses a health or sanitation risk, there's nothing wrong if you both enjoy it.

Harmony♥ August 3rd 2012 08:03 PM

Personally, I wouldn't allow my boyfriend to perform oral sex on me while I was on my period. Not only is it extremely unsanitary, but I think I'd be grossed out by it, and so would he.

cherryblossoms August 3rd 2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie999 (Post 926809)
A male who likes to get dirty and doesn't mind having your blood inside him is just like any normal sex for him. Some guys don't mind it some guys don't want that. I've heard it helps period pains.

Yeah, it actually did help the pains and well. It just happened. He honestly didn't mind though and said it felt the same and he didn't even taste well.. the blood. So, I guess how you said it's the same other than the messiness.

Arcenciel August 3rd 2012 08:44 PM

I think everyone else has done a good job answering, but what I want to add is that if a guy (or a girl) doesn't want to come in contact with the blood, you could always get a dental dam or make one out of a condom. That way, his mouth never has to directly come in contact with your skin.
http://www.pamf.org/teen/sex/std/oral/dentaldam.html <-- info on dental dams
http://std.about.com/od/prevention/h...aldamhowto.htm <-- make your own out of a condom.

Be well!
Jen

Cassie999 August 3rd 2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherryblossoms (Post 926967)
Yeah, it actually did help the pains and well. It just happened. He honestly didn't mind though and said it felt the same and he didn't even taste well.. the blood. So, I guess how you said it's the same other than the messiness.

Yes it is very messy down there and messy everywhere since blood can go all over the bed sheets. As long as your comfortable having oral sex when your period is on then that's okay.

linda.b August 3rd 2012 11:44 PM

I'v have sex many times durring my period i even masturbate sometimes and it does help with the cramps but i never met a man that wanted to go down on me while on my period. At the end of the day its blood and dead cells so it could cause a healt risk for him. Maybe if you both want to do again you should take a hot bath before hand that will slow down your flow and make less mess. But please talk about the risks involved.

pup829 August 4th 2012 11:43 AM

I don't think my boyfriend would be very happy about going down there while i'm on my period and i don't think i'd be comfortable with it either. I'd be so self conscious and think of the mess! I don't think i'd enjoy it. I've masturbated while on my period a couple of times and i does help with the cramps so i have no doubt it would help!

Coffee. August 4th 2012 10:53 PM

I don't think germs or anything would be a problem. The mouth probably has as many if not more germs than the vagina, even on the period, and we're willing to kiss. I really doubt the germ count goes up, it just might be kind of gross. I'd personally never allow my partner to do this, I'd just be so uncomfortable. :nosweat: But I'm glad you and him had fun!