TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Is this some kind of Puberty thing or is something wrong? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t11870-some-kind-puberty-thing-something-wrong/)

Far From Perfect April 21st 2009 01:49 AM

Is this some kind of Puberty thing or is something wrong?

Okay, so I dont know why this is happening. But for the past week or so my right nipple has felt very irritated. It's like this burning feeling, the best way i can describe it is that it feels likes its on fire. And I mean it really burns, like i just want to chop it off.. k that sounded a bit weird lol but yeah it hurts like hell. whats going on???? :huh:

Edge: well idont think so cuz it looks fine...

Blackwing April 21st 2009 02:07 AM

Re: Is this some kind of Puberty thing or is something wrong?

Maybe some kind of rash?

SugarcoatedLetdown17 April 21st 2009 02:11 AM

Could be dry skin? Try putting unscented lotion or bag balm on it.

I have a couple other ideas that might be a bit embarrassing for everyone to have access to? So PM me if you need some other ideas.

(:

- Jess.

Hdjdjdjduvieg April 21st 2009 02:35 AM

I think that nipple tenderness is normal for pubescent females, but a strong burning sensation doesn't seem normal. Could it be dry skin or something? Give a few lotions a try, that'll probably do the trick. If it goes on for over a week, though, or at your next checkup I suppose you could bring it up with a doctor, providing it worsens. :p

Something Clever April 21st 2009 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 120749)
I think that nipple tenderness is normal for pubescent females, but a strong burning sensation doesn't seem normal. Could it be dry skin or something? Give a few lotions a try, that'll probably do the trick. If it goes on for over a week, though, or at your next checkup I suppose you could bring it up with a doctor, providing it worsens. :p

I second that advice ;)

x-gothic-princess-x April 21st 2009 05:19 PM

Its not a puberty thing, becasue both nipples would have the same thing. To be truth I have never heard of something like this. Sorry I cant help much more then that... Maybe go see the doctor about it?

♥Lora.l♥ April 21st 2009 07:14 PM

It maybe a little infection,go get it checked out by your doc if it is making you so uncomfortable.It maybe embarassing but whats worse painful nipple or a few moments embarassment at the doctors (who probably has seen a good handful of bums and boobs that day!)I would get it checked out but it is up to you!

Algernon April 21st 2009 07:19 PM

I've had itchy nipples before. Lol.

If it's burning, see if anything is coming out? Is there a rash, did you put anything on them?

SillyEvee April 22nd 2009 01:19 AM

Dry skin sounds like the most likely culprite. UNscented lotion or aloe lotion are probably your best bets.
Also, check the bras you've been wearing recently. There might be something in your right cup that's rubbing against it and irritating it. Use an unscented soap to wash your bras, too.
If it doesn't clear up soon, though, I'd get it checked out.