TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: late period (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t126047-late-period/)

not known November 29th 2013 04:12 PM

late period

My period is three days late I can't stop stressing over it. Last month I had protected sex a week after my period we used a condom but I've been really worried that I could be pregnant even though I know chances are slim. I know I went through ovulation because I experienced the clear gooey discharge but my period still hasn't come and this is only causing me to stress even more. I heard stress can delay your period if so for how long? I really need to start my period soon to reassure myself i'm not pregnant.also I've never missed a period before I've always been pretty regular.

Eternal Dreamer ♥ November 29th 2013 05:14 PM

Re: late period

Stress can cause you to be late. I've never heard of any time ranges for it to end. If you keep stressing out about this, you period might be delayed longer.
I think before anything you stop stressing yourself out. You were protected, and the chances of you being pregnant are very slim. If you are this worried over it, and you can't take waiting for your period if you don't get it I'm a few more days take a test. It's the only thing out there besides your period that can honestly give you that relief feeling knowing your not.

I hope this helped you.

Coffee. December 1st 2013 06:29 PM

If you're incredibly worried, take a pregnancy test. That'd let you find out for sure. However, if you used a condom, It's very unlikely that you are pregnant. Condoms are very effective if used correctly. :)

taylalatbh. December 1st 2013 08:24 PM

If you used a condom during the sex, the chances are that you're fine. Since you've been stressing, that's probably why your period hasn't come yet.

The best advice I can give is to just not think about it for a while, and let yourself relax so your period will come. Other than that, if it's been over 2 weeks since having sex you can take a pregnancy test and find out for sure.

Hope I helped.

not known December 2nd 2013 05:13 AM

Thanks guys! Guess who started there period today! Extremely relieved :-)

taylalatbh. December 2nd 2013 03:17 PM

I'm glad! If you have any worries next time, don't let yourself get too stressed!

Jack Lowden December 2nd 2013 04:45 PM

Congrats on the period :p For future reference, periods aren't always going to be right on time, & as mentioned, stressing about it will make it worse. Even on birth control, periods can be delayed. It's just something you should try not to worry about. Taking a pregnancy test, as Traci suggested, can help relieve some of that anxiety as well. :)