TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Problems with my period?? (Kind of gross and descriptive) (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t131874-problems-my-period-kind-gross-descriptive/)

Loserboyy August 3rd 2014 05:13 AM

Problems with my period?? (Kind of gross and descriptive)

My period is about 2 weeks late. Usually I would be thrilled about this because not getting my period eases up my dysphoria, but I'm actually getting really worried. Instead of blood, there's been a bit of.... Brownish goo? I have no idea how to describe it. I noticed it a few days ago before going to bed and thought that it was my period starting, so I put in a tampon. When I woke up, there was no blood on the tampon and there was a weird brown stain. It's in a very small amount and I don't notice it until I check for it, but my body has been producing this stuff for the past week and it's freaking me out. I had cramps yesterday and my chest was sore, but even though I'm getting all the signs, all I get is spots of this reddish-brown stuff. It's much thicker and gooier in consistency compared to blood. I'm not sexually active at all and I've been recovered from an eating disorder (which made me lose my period) for 2 years and my weight is definitely healthy so I don't think that's a problem. I haven't had any medical issues other than this. Do you think it's serious enough to see a doctor about or should I just wait it out and see what happens?

emma01 August 3rd 2014 09:47 AM

Re: Problems with my period?? (Kind of gross and descriptive)

I dont want to accuse you of lying but your username 'loserBOYY,' your name is 'Max,' and your gender is 'Male' ... if I remember rightly men don't get periods :)

Gingerbread Latte August 3rd 2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma01 (Post 1126823)
I dont want to accuse you of lying but your username 'loserBOYY,' your name is 'Max,' and your gender is 'Male' ... if I remember rightly men don't get periods :)

Hey Emma,

The OP said they're transgender which means they were born female but identify as a male, therefore are male and still have periods. I hope that cleared things up for you :).

To Max:

It's not unusual to get "chunky" bits during your period, it's just the blood mixing with any discharge you have. If it's particularly thick or if it smells bad then you may have some kind of infection so I'd say if it doesn't clear up within a week you could ask your doctor about it just to rule that out.

Has this only happened once? If so, I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it starts becoming a regular thing or you start noticing other changes too.

I hope this helped, take care :)

taylalatbh. August 3rd 2014 09:59 AM

This could be a normal thing. It takes many years for periods to regulate, and for some people they never do. Since you've had an issue in the past which has cause your periods to stop for a long time, that could affect it as well.

If this is concerning you, then there's nothing wrong with seeing a doctor. If it's very abnormal for your body, then there's no harm in finding out. But bear in mind that it can be normal for periods to be irregular and different, especially if you've got some other body issues going on. A lot of things can affect your period, and stress is one of them.

Since it's been about two weeks that you've been experiencing this, it might be a good idea just to check with a doctor. Atleast then you'll know for sure.

Lelola August 4th 2014 01:16 PM

I'd consider going to the doctor to rule out am infection.