TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: Period Trouble (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t139865-period-trouble/)

applejacks1234 July 29th 2015 01:25 AM

Period Trouble

okay so i dont like talking about this in the first place but i wanna make sure im okay so ill just list my symptoms... please someone let me know whats going on!

- irregular period (i got it in january,then in may, then june, and i got it late for july)
-BUT...
-this months started very light (as usual) and the color was brown. this is usually the first day.
-it has been 4 days and it is still light and brown

anyone??? thank you :)

Ennui. July 29th 2015 02:33 AM

Re: Period Trouble

Are you relatively new to having your period? When you first start getting it it can take a while for your period to become regular. Your body is still adjusting so you may not be regular at first and things such as flow may vary.

This can be an off month. Things like being sick, or a change in diet and exercise can throw your body out of whack.

But if it stays too irregular or you are concerned there's no shame in seeing a doctor! Since they're professionals they'd be able to ease your mind more and if this is a recurring problem they can totally help solve it!

I know you may not like talking about your period. It does feel a bit embarrassing. But your health is so important so if there is ever a concern it needs to be addressed. Is there a female figure in your life like a parent or aunt you can talk to?

applejacks1234 July 29th 2015 02:37 AM

ive been getting my period for 7 years now and its always been regular. but then i skipped three months and i was okay for 2 and now its weird again

Ennui. July 29th 2015 02:39 AM

Ah, okay!

Has there been any change in your life lately such as more stress, a change in weight, or a different diet and exercise routine? Our bodies are really sensitive so sometimes these things can throw it off.

But if this I'd a recurring problem, a doctor may be able to prescribe you birth control or suggest things to help regulate you again. It's helped me a lot.

LeRiA August 7th 2015 10:11 AM

Changes of diet can change your menstrual cycle. Also, don't worry if it is brown, it is just old blood. :)
~LeRiA

Iam-Marie August 7th 2015 11:11 AM

At the start of period irregularities may occur. Your body needs to get used to it first. But you should be uncertain, then go to the doctor. Only he can help you to 100%.

Heisenburg~ August 9th 2015 05:24 AM

This probably isn't what you would like to hear, but some girls never become "regular"
There's nothing wrong :) don't worry