TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Used Condom, Late Period, No Signs of Period or Pregnancy (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t149061-used-condom-late-period-no-signs-period-pregnancy/)

piper15 December 20th 2016 10:37 PM

Used Condom, Late Period, No Signs of Period or Pregnancy

This is probably a serious case of overthinking, but here we go:

My boyfriend and I have sex fairly regularly, a few time a week usually, but we always use a condom from start to finish. We were also not active on my projected date of ovulation, though we were two days after. We've never had a condom break, nor exhibit any signs of leaking. My period was due a week ago and have yet to get any symptoms of either pregnancy or period. The only sign either way is I have been very tired, but as I'm naturally prone to iron deficiency I didn't think this anything new.

I have been traveling more frequently, and have had a bit more stress than usual with holidays and in personal life. I took two HPT today, both Clear Blue Brand, one in the morning after purchase and one this afternoon, and both showed negative.

As I said, this is probably an overthinking, but is there a possibility of pregnancy?

.Brittany. December 20th 2016 10:46 PM

Re: Used Condom, Late Period, No Signs of Period or Pregnancy

Hi Piper!

First of all welcome to TeenHelp!

I know how scary a late period can be. Mine is late once in a while. Since you're being safe and using a condom and the condom has never broken there's a very good chance that you aren't pregnant. However, you could be that unlucky 2% (since condoms are 98% effective). I very highly doubt that you're pregnant. When it comes to your late period it might be the fact that you are having more stress since it's near the holiday's.

Try not to worry too much! Definitely keep us updated!

Brittany

SirJordan December 21st 2016 03:57 PM

Try a pregnancy test to make sure. If it's negative and you still don't start your period, then I'd suggest speaking with your doctor.

DeletedAccount69 December 23rd 2016 05:14 PM

You can take a pregnancy test two weeks after the time you've last had sex. Have you been able to take one since posting this?

If you have taken one and aren't pregnant and still haven't had your period you could consider calling the doctor and talking to them about it. If this is the first time you have ever missed a period or been late they might not think it's necessary for you to come in but checking with them to see what they think you should do would be best.

I also think that if you are stressed that could be the reason for the delay or the missed period. I know I missed a period a few years ago and I was exceptionally stressed at the time. I wasn't sexually active at the time so I was overly concerned and then the next month I ended up getting my period. I believe I got it at a different time in the month after the missed period. But, I never missed one after that until I started using birth control.