TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Masturbation (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t158002-masturbation/)

Perfectly~Imperfect December 18th 2018 10:59 PM

Masturbation

I am a 13 year old girl and in health class the teacher is always talking about how a girl should be in tune with our bodies. I would like to start doing that as my body is really starting to change and it is very confusing. Not only all the crazy physical changes but the way my body feels at times especially down there. The problem is I don't have a clue and afraid it is going to hurt. I know girls do it but what is safe? Please help.

JennyisIn December 19th 2018 07:46 AM

Re: Masturbation

Be alone. Relax. Look at your body. Just do what feels right.
Instinct is a big part of exploring yourself. Trust me you will know if your doing something your body doesn't want. Just relax.

Silvan December 19th 2018 08:18 AM

Dear Zoe,

many of us girls used to feel awkward about it. However, it's a completely natural thing to feel the need and most teens do masturbate.
What's important, especially when it's your first time, is that you find someplace quiet and make sure nobody is gonna bother you. This way you'll be able to relax. Another thing is hygiene - you should always clean your hands.
It won't hurt as long as you're delicate. After a few times you'll know what kind of touch feels best.

Good luck - feel free to ask questions should you have any ;)
Have a wonderful day,
S

Perfectly~Imperfect December 19th 2018 11:51 AM

Thank You both. This helped a lot.

Tiffers95 December 23rd 2018 09:27 PM

Zoe, your body is yours and your alone. It is completely natural for a young girl like yourself to want to explore what you have in your body. That being said it is very difficult for other girls and women to tell you what works for them and what is the right way to masturbate and the wrong way. I can tell you that hygiene is very important and just relax, but do what you are only comfortable doing.

CecilFitzgerald May 20th 2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectly~Imperfect (Post 1335462)
I am a 13 year old girl and in health class the teacher is always talking about how a girl should be in tune with our bodies. I would like to start doing that as my body is really starting to change and it is very confusing. Not only all the crazy physical changes but the way my body feels at times especially down there. The problem is I don't have a clue and afraid it is going to hurt. I know girls do it but what is safe? Please help.

Masturbation is an often thing.

TH Anonymous May 26th 2020 03:30 AM

[SIZE="a"]masturbating is a very normal thing for males and females. From my experience, you can just feel around all over your v**** and even penetrate with your finger or toys if you have or if you find some of your parents. Make sure it is alone and you have time because it could take a while

Best of Luck[/size]

j42 May 26th 2020 03:32 AM

Make sure your hands and if you find/have toys they are clean as well. I hope you enjoy your first time. Mine was very fun and pleasurable as yours will be too!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Mallika May 26th 2020 01:46 PM

Hi Zoe,

At your age, it's natural to be curious about things like these. However, you don't have to feel pressurised about doing something just because others are doing it. It's good to be curious and to explore your own body, but if you feel that you're stepping into a zone of discomfort, you might want to stop.

Personally, I think I unknowingly masturbated a few times in my teens, but for some reason I felt really guilty about it afterwards. So therefore I don't masturbate at all, and I'm happy about that.

So it's individualistic and up to you - do what you feel is right and comfortable :)