TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Do people care if you shave down there (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t160853-do-people-care-if-you-shave-down-there/)

Unregistered December 12th 2020 05:46 PM

Do people care if you shave down there

Im a 16 year old girl. My question is, how do much people care if you shave down there, since i never have and really dont want to. Im mostly asking girls (since im a lesbian) but any answers are helpful.

Rivière December 12th 2020 06:37 PM

Re: Do people care if you shave down there

Everyone is different. Some care, some don't.

Personally, I do care. I wouldn't want to perform oral on someone and have a mouth full of hair. It's not very nice. That said, if someone shaves but keeps a landing strip, for example, that's more acceptable.

DeletedAccount63 December 12th 2020 06:40 PM

I shave just because I feel like the hair is such a hassle for me and I don’t like it on myself. There are some people that don’t mind the hair and some that do. But when you are in love it honestly shouldn’t matter at all and if it does then it’s not love. Like you said you are 16 you have a lot of time to think on this. But if you don’t want to shave then don’t. I feel it’s what you like and others don’t matter.

I hope this was helpful.
If you ever need to talk my pms/vms are always open
Your friend,
Frankie<3

DeletedAccount53 December 12th 2020 08:35 PM

I do, too. Keeps me feeling comfortable. All part of looking after one-self.

Oneirophobia December 12th 2020 08:46 PM

Honestly hun, its a personal preference.
Nothing to be ashamed of, and no need to feel like you have to if you do not want to. lots of women don't lots of women do, either is okay, either is acceptable.

Ennui. December 12th 2020 10:59 PM

Like what was said before, some people prefer shaved, some prefer trimmed, and some don't care whether you shave or not. However, I wouldn't do anything that makes you uncomfortable just to please someone else. If you don't feel comfortable shaving you shouldn't force yourself to do so just to make someone else happy. Or, if you want to shave or trim, do so. It's your body and you have the right to do what you want with it.

Mallika December 15th 2020 03:05 PM

Hello there!

You've got many great answers here already by other users and I agree with them. Body hair is a very personal choice - do what makes you comfortable.

Lee05 February 18th 2021 03:17 AM

Like the above thoughts I agree that its a personal choice. That being said other people can great influence the choice sometimes. Like my gf and I, we had a discussion about it at some point and we both came to the same conclusion that neither of us enjoys pubes in the face if one of us goes down on the other. At that point shaving/trimming went from being a hassle to being kind of enjoyable.

Lee