TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Late but not pregnant (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t121564-late-but-not-pregnant/)

Chartreuse July 17th 2013 02:28 PM

Late but not pregnant

I went off the birth control pill in December. My periods have been irregular, understandably, since then, but never this late. My average is around 33 days or so from the start of my period to the start of the next one, and I'm at at least 45 now (probably more; I forgot to keep track of the last period but know the latest possible date it could have been based on what I can remember about when I didn't have it).

I already went to Planned Parenthood and got a pregnancy test, and it was negative, so I'm pretty sure it's not that. (I've been having sex pretty regularly and use condoms.) I'm not exactly complaining about not getting my period (lol) but I'm still uneasy about it. Any explanations for what might be happening?

Eternal Dreamer ♥ July 17th 2013 06:26 PM

Re: Late but not pregnant

Are you possibly stressed out about saying? Or have something really big on your mind? Sometimes you can just be late because you are stressed or worried.

Jack Lowden July 17th 2013 08:46 PM

It could be a number of things. As Kayla said, one could be stress. Another could be diet changes. If you're sure you're not pregnant, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you're still concerned, talk to your doctor.

Chartreuse July 18th 2013 01:12 AM

No, I'm not stressed or worried at all (it's summer! lol). My diet and workout routine are the same as they've been for the last six months. I can't think of any changes in my lifestyle that might be effecting it.

And I know to a lot of people, pregnancy is the only thing they worry about when their period is late, but I'm worried about general health as well, hence why I posted this thread.

Always * July 18th 2013 02:11 AM

Well, I think that people have this expectation that their period will always come at the exact same time 100% of the time. I think it's best to just put it from your mind, don't let it freak you out, just cause it's late doesn't mean anything serious is wrong. If you don't get it in 2 more weeks I'd get another pregnancy test to be safe. You COULD have a cyst for all you know, but if you get another negative test (or are certain your not preggo) then you can always look into that (BC prevents cysts so going off it could allow that to occur more easily), but if it's just a late period (no pain, no cramps, no nothing) there isn't likely anything serious going on, but give it until you miss 2 then see a doc :) missing the odd single period is nothing hugely serious unless you might be pregnant, another week or 2 won't hurt you unless, like I said, your experiencing some sort of abdominal pain or what ever :)