TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   sex while pregnant (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t122297-sex-while-pregnant/)

Cupcake_Mustache August 5th 2013 05:42 PM

sex while pregnant

Hi. I am 28 weeks along and just found out that I have low lying placenta, called placenta privia. It causes me to have bleeding spells. So far I have only had the 1 episode and it started over doing nothing. So my OB pulled me off of work and told me to keep it easy and don't do much. She also said no sex. No anything in the vagina and no orgasms. I haven't had sex in a few months already... and I really want to. I have a while before the baby comes and its going to be forever before I can have sex. So I was wondering if there was any way around that. If there was any way I could still get... satisfied.... without jeopardizing the baby. I wonder to myself if just 1 time would hurt anything. If it was slow and gentle, would work. I need something to satisfy my urge.

Always * August 5th 2013 06:11 PM

Re: sex while pregnant

No, don't risk it. As a stranger on the internet I do not feel comfortable with telling you that "carefully just once" is ok. Not if it goes against a doctors advice, your OB knows her stuff. I know it sucks, but you'll have to, er, restrain yourself. If you are totally losing it then that's when it's time to talk to your OB again and ask her if there's any way you can manage it without actually, well, doing it. Like ask her if it's ok to masturbate (and emphasize that you won't go to the point of having and orgasm). But if she says that the risk is to great I'd hold off. This is one time when you might want to "suffer in silence" because the risk is so great :)

Apple Orchard Ghost August 5th 2013 08:39 PM

I agree with the above. When a doctor tells you to absolutely not do something, you better not do it. You don't want to put yourself or your baby in danger.

Ennui. August 5th 2013 08:51 PM

If you really want to find a way to get around it, talk to your doctor and see what she says, but you definitely shouldn't risk doing something the doctor said not to. If she said no to having sex or having orgasms, there must have been a reason behind it, and it's best to listen to that reasoning in order to prevent putting the baby in unneeded danger. Hopefully time will fly before you know it and everything will be so worth the wait! :)

MidnightMay August 5th 2013 09:27 PM

You can always call and ask your ob but I wouldn't risk it. I can say I know people who had placenta problems and were on pelvic rest and the placenta moved up closer to her date. If you ask they might see f it has moved any and see about lifting you pelvic rest.

DeletedAccount17 August 6th 2013 01:21 AM

I imagine it must be hard, but I wouldn't do it. If your doctor said not to, then I wouldn't risk your baby.