TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Could i be pregnant? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t14402-could-i-pregnant/)

SammiexLynn May 16th 2009 05:50 PM

Could i be pregnant?

ok just the thought of me having a child is just scary... and normally i wouldn't go online to get advice but i have no one else to ask about this.

Ok so here's my situation..

last month, either the day my period went away or the day after my ex bf and i had sex.. Might not have been the best thing to do but we wanted it. lol.. i stayed at his house a few days ago and we kept having sex.. [we're like.. addicted or something idk]. His father made Spaghetti which he, myself and his friends had some. I'm the only one who's been complaining of stomach pains [Which i still randomly get] and in the lower part of my left stomach slightly near the belly button.. I look this up on the net and every single thing i see has to do with pregnancy. scary cause he and i don't want kids... [i don't yet but I'm sure sometime in the future i will].

i look it up some more and get this

1. In a woman who might be pregnant: severe pain that arises suddenly in the lower right or lower left abdomen, usually without vomiting or fever.:: Ectopic pregnancy. Call the doctor for a prompt appointment. If you experience severe abdominal pain or bleeding, call 911 or go to the emergency room right away.

Now i don't know what to make of this... i don't have vomiting or a fever but i have felt a little dizzy [i did last night while i was there] and/or felt as if i wanted to get sick [but i didn't].. Usually before i get my period my chest hurts.. and now, it doesn't.. just the nipples. my boobs haven't grown much [they went from a C to a D but i don't think that had anything to do with this.]

I usually get my period on the 23rd of every month.. We're going to wait til then to see what happens.. if i don't get my period, we're going to get a test.. we're hoping its not positive.. but with these pains I'm not so sure.

Any ideas on what this could mean?

Emzy May 16th 2009 06:12 PM

Re: Could i be pregnant?

I'd see a doctor first, or maybe the first option should really be a pregnancy test. If it's to the left side it isn't anything such as appendicitis, however lots of stomach pain can sometimes be because of it, read more about appendicitis here. However that is normally on the right side, so don't worry too much.

So, do a pregnancy test and if that turns out negative, see a doctor.

SammiexLynn May 16th 2009 06:17 PM

I'm just hoping it doesn't come out positive. lol.. i think he and i both would flip out if it did >.>

LucyLouWho May 16th 2009 07:12 PM

If the pain continues or gets worse, you should see a doctor. If it is an ectopic pregnancy, it's important to get it taken care of as soon as possible so your fallopian tube doesn't rupture.

However, if the pain doesn't continue, but you still think you might be pregnant, all you can do is wait it out until your period is due and see if you get it. If not, definitely take a test and see what it says.

If you're not pregnant, you really should try to get on birth control so you can have peace of mind in the future and not have to worry about pregnancy scares.

Best of luck. :]

SammiexLynn May 30th 2009 09:43 PM

I had almost every single sign of early pregnancy.. BUT i got my period.
So no, I'm not preggo [thank god. haha]

Jaguar May 30th 2009 09:49 PM

This happens a lot. Please use bc from now on.

SammiexLynn May 30th 2009 09:58 PM

eh.
He and i will just be more careful.
I don't think I'd ever use bc. lol

I should see how much it costs to get my tubes tied.

Algernon May 31st 2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SammiexLynn (Post 153451)
eh.
He and i will just be more careful.
I don't think I'd ever use bc. lol

I should see how much it costs to get my tubes tied.

If you're a teenager, I really don't think It's good to get your tubes tied. And why not use bc...?

no.ordinary.dreamer May 31st 2009 03:13 AM

the breast pains can simply be that your breasts are growing. My breasts also always hurt before i get my period and during my period.
You can try a home pregnancy test but they are not 100% accurate. I recommend talking to your doctor. Even if you just talk to your doctor over the phone. Or try seeing your obstetrician or OBGYN.

you can PM me about all this if you have another ? or are still concerned about anything. You can definitely PM if you find out that you are pregnant. My sister got pregnant when she was 18 years old (during the summer after she graduated high school) and she has a 1 year old now. so i understand the situation

btw,
my sister had sex 4 times and used a condom every time and she still got pregnant. A LOT can go wrong with condoms.
The best way to prevent getting pregnant is using BOTH a condom and the pill (just make sure you ALWAYS remember to take the pill)

SammiexLynn May 31st 2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xHolyValorx (Post 153616)
If you're a teenager, I really don't think It's good to get your tubes tied. And why not use bc...?

I'm 26... >.>

asphyxiated May 31st 2009 06:39 PM

I would see a doctor before stressing out. It could be a reaction to the food, your appendix, or something else entirely.