TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Triggering: Pregnant and now single, alone (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t28648-pregnant-now-single-alone/)

NatashaJayne October 25th 2009 01:00 PM

Pregnant and now single, alone

Just as i thought nothing could get worser then my life at the moment, moving house to a mother and baby unit and bad news about pregnancy... my boyfriend of nearly 2 years has just left me without a valid reason.

hes saying he will be my friend and help me but i doesn't stop the fact that im heart broken and hurting alot, ive been crying for the last 10 hours none stop, im a emotional wreck.

is me being upset, depressed and stressed hurt the baby? I cant do this alone.. its not fair.

help?

Pandamonium October 25th 2009 03:00 PM

Re: Pregnant and now single, alone

I'm sorry to hear he's done this to you. Perhaps he's just frightened and overwhelmed with all of it?

If you need to, consult your family, friends, or even a pregnancy care center. You don't have to go through this along, there are a lot of people out there that will be willing to help you out.

If having him around will make you more stressed, it may not be a bad idea for him to keep his distance. The most important thing is that you take care of yourself and your baby.

Please don't hesitate to PM/contact me if you need someone to talk to. :)

iHEAVENn October 26th 2009 06:15 AM

If it's his baby, and he's the same age as you, he may just be scared..
Your emotional state can affect your child, so try to focus on something else for right now.. maybe turn to friends/family for support?

Some men end up leaving their GF's when news of a little one comes along.. it's sad and unfair.. but honestly if he's going to bail on you now, you're better off without him.

If it's his child, you can get child support etc after the baby is born.

J&M's Mommy October 26th 2009 10:12 PM

I am really sorry hon. I know it seems like it will take forever to feel better right now, but I promise you will. Your emotional state can make an impact on your baby in some ways, so you should try to calm down and stay that way. Think of him/her to help you cope.

He may just be scared and need some time ... and like Amy said - if he is just going to leave you then you and your child are better off without him. Best of luck! xx

mommieof2 October 29th 2009 06:35 AM

some men freak out at the thought of having a baby and they just dont know how to handle it so they break it off with the mother thinking that may help. Try not to get too upset about it I'm sure you two will work things out. I've been in your situation and we worked it out. It's hard being a young parent. Just give it some time. And everything you are going through, your baby is going through as well. I wouldn't say that it is harming the baby