TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: My Friend Is Pregnant. I'm Scared. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t31579-my-friend-pregnant-im-scared/)

Winx December 6th 2009 07:55 PM

My Friend Is Pregnant. I'm Scared.

My friend Ash is pregnant. She sometimes talks about getting people to punch her in the stomach. I'm worried about her, because although her boyfriend seems to be a great guy, all they seem to have in their relationship is sex. I'm scared for her.

greenearth December 6th 2009 08:00 PM

Re: My Friend Is Pregnant. I'm Scared.

Pregnancy is one of the scariest things for a teenager to go through.
My friend got pregnant at sixteen, but she is nineteen now and living on her own. She's still with her boyfriend and is very happy in her life. She loves her baby so much.

So there is hope for your friend.

Is abortion an option?

Nicolette December 6th 2009 10:56 PM

obviously if she's talking about getting people to punch her in the stomach she's no where near mature or stable enough to have a child. She needs to talk to someone about her feelings and this situation, people like her need to learn that if you're having sex you need to prepare yourself for the what if's and if you're mature enough to handle them. Of which she is not.

hopefaithlove December 6th 2009 11:47 PM

If she isn't ready for a baby, she does have other options. She should look into adoption. There are so many people out there who cannot get pregnant who are mature, emotionally and financially stable, and would love to have a baby.

abandoning December 7th 2009 01:51 AM

hmm I think that is so selfish! A baby is a gift!

OurLovesSublime December 7th 2009 01:09 PM

Like the others have said, you should really inform her of her options. I'm scared for some one who obviously isn't ready to try and raise a child. Some other couple could give that baby a beautiful life.

Grizabella December 8th 2009 01:49 AM

If she wants to end her pregnancy, an abortion could be an option, depending on where you live. Adoption is also a possibility, if she's willing. But whatever she does, she should be safe about it. Try talking to her, and let her know that she has options.

Allons-y! December 8th 2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petey (Post 279490)
hmm I think that is so selfish! A baby is a gift!

Not to everyone. Let's not judge, kay?

You need to talk seriously with her about what she's going to do. She has a few options, but she needs to make a decision.

ComplexSimplicity December 14th 2009 03:34 AM

Your friend sounds really immature and she needs to understand that she has a living being inside of her that deserves to be nurtured and cared for. If she hasn't already she needs to see a doctor and discuss options if she doesn't want to keep the baby, which I'm assuming she doesn't.