TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Am I pregnant or is it just in my head?? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t35985-am-i-pregnant-just-my-head/)

McKennaby January 28th 2010 05:08 AM

Am I pregnant or is it just in my head??

The last time I had sex was a little over a week ago. A couple days ago I started getting nauseated and actually threw up. I've been having off and on headaches and stomach pains since then, too. I haven't had my period this month, but then again it could be too soon to tell. I've also been extremely tired and have been constipated.
I know some of the symptoms of if you're pregnant, but I'm not sure if it's all just in my head because I don't have all the symptoms.

I just need some opinions and thoughts from someone else /:

Through-Glass January 28th 2010 02:20 PM

Re: Am I pregnant or is it just in my head??

Hey there,

It's unlikely that you would be having symptoms of pregnancy so soon, but if you're regularly sexually active, then it is a possibility. You may take an at-home pregnancy test two weeks after potentially getting pregnant, or a blood test (at the doctor's) five days after.

Remember that a lot of symptoms of pregnancy are also symptoms of PMS. Perhaps the stress of wondering if you are pregnant has caused your period to come late? Either way, I personally would wait a week and see if it comes. If not, take a pregnancy test.

Take care. If you need anything, just let me know.

*Rainbow*Rider* January 28th 2010 04:18 PM

The only way to settle your worries is to take a pregnancy test. Good luck.

Nicolette January 28th 2010 06:04 PM

I suggest taking a test, you might just be working yourself up. If it comes out negative and you're period is still a no show retest in a week or so. Until then stressing out will only delay your period.

drowningangel January 28th 2010 06:57 PM

It could be any number of things, but if you are past when your period is normally due and you have not had it, your best option would be to take a pregnancy test. Better to be safe than sorry!

Quartet February 12th 2010 02:55 AM

actually, you can start noticing pregnancy symptoms as soon as 1 week after conception, it's just rare that all women notice.

plk524 February 12th 2010 03:18 AM

i've been in your position, and i took a test, it was negative, and i got my period 3 days later. you just need to stop worrying so much, yes i know it's hard, and take a test. you want to take a test a few weeks after just in case, but i took like 3 of them before i finally got my period, and even though you get your period, you can still be pregnant, so a test is the best way. hope i helped some. : )