TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Cant get pregnant (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t6181-cant-get-pregnant/)

HAHa I WIN! February 24th 2009 02:07 AM

Cant get pregnant

Ive been on birthcontrol for well over a year and about 5months ago i stopped it because me and my boyfriend decided we wanted to try to have a baby. Well, since i have been off it ive have only had one period and it was for 4 days. I'm not pregnant. I want to be thought and i think that im not getting pregnant because of my periods being screwy. Is that why? Is there anything that can help me get pregnant?

BrittneyNicole February 24th 2009 02:13 AM

Re: Cant get pregnant

There can be a whole slew of reasons someone might not get pregnant. You might be stressed, from trying to have one. You could have a tipped uterus. You might not be ovulating yet. You might want to go see your doctor to have tests done. You might also want your boyfriend to go see a doctor to check to see if his sperm is strong enough to get you pregnant.

mommieof2 February 24th 2009 02:57 AM

there are many ways to get pregnant...and trust me sweetie it's not your periods being weird. I only had maybe 2 periods a year if that and i had no problem getting pregnant. I even had a doctor tell me that it would be a miracle if i got pregnant and well i got pregnant when i lost my virginity lol. So he was wrong.

but things to help get pregnant :

focus on, lower stress, a healthy diet, the avoidance of alcohol and a minimized exercise program during this time will all work in your favor to get pregnant
Plain Robitussin is supposed to help if you take it daily. obviously the more often you have sex the better chance you have.

Smitten February 25th 2009 02:00 PM

You should wait at least 6 months after you stop taking the pill for your hormones to completely balance out and return to what they should be.
Try waiting another months before getting too worried about it! :P

Bibliophile February 25th 2009 02:25 PM

The best thing you can do is see your doctor and ask about this.
Everybody's body is different so there's no one answer why.

Claire February 25th 2009 08:11 PM

I don't know what it's like where you live, but in the UK the doctors usually make you wait 12 months from coming off birth control before they will run any tests for infertility, because (assuming you are healthy, normal weight etc) that's usually how long it takes for your cycle to return completely to normal. 5 months off the pill is not that long and although some people may get pregnant straight away, it may take others a little longer, especially if you or your partner are overweight, smoke, drink heavily, have poor diet or don't exercise.

It is also advised to have sex once every other day, or once every 3, to mean that your partners come has a higher sperm count. If you have sex two or 3 times a day, there will be less. It also means that you will be guaranteed to catch your ovulation, which you will have trouble knowing about if you have very irregular periods.

FranklinF February 25th 2009 10:15 PM

or maybe its your bodies way of telling you you shouldnt be having children so young.