TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   What's it like to be pregnant? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t64713-whats-like-pregnant/)

LostTeen011 January 18th 2011 04:35 AM

What's it like to be pregnant?

I was just curious to find out from mothers or pregnant women themselves what being pregnant is like. What do you feel like everyday and what do you think about and that type of stuff.

Nicolette January 18th 2011 04:48 PM

Re: What's it like to be pregnant?

All pregnancies are different, you can have severe morning sickness, heart burn, insomia, your stomach can stretch really bad leaving stretch marks, sometimes there's certain foods that you used to love that you simply can't eat anymore. My best friend had a really hard pregnancy... I on the other hand had a really easy one with no symptoms, other than getting a bit of a belly around 6 months you wouldn't have known that I was carrying. At times (especially at the end) all you think about is "omg get this child out of me" there are magical times where you feel your baby moving inside of you and there annoying times like at 11pm where you're trying to sleep but the baby is kicking the crap out of your insides. All pregnancies have their ups and downs, your hormones go through the roof and you'll find yourself crying over the smallest little thing.

Jocelyn. January 18th 2011 05:14 PM

I vomited for 4-5 months straight, and all I ever wanted to do was sleep. After that though, I didn't really have many symptoms. No cravings (even though I used pregnancy as an excuse to get what I wanted to eat), maybe some back pain here and there and some heartburn. I really loved being pregnant though, if I just could have started out as 5 months along :p

I was sort of an emotional wreck though. I cried a lot and got upset pretty easy. I spent a decent amount of time worrying about my parenting skills, labor, just having a new addition to the family, and how things would turn out with my boyfriend.

It was pretty amazing to feel my little guy kicking around, although it never really hit me that there was a baby in there until I had pushed him out :p I knew I was pregnant, and had the tummy to show it, but hardly ever really felt pregnant.

iHEAVENn January 18th 2011 07:51 PM

1st month- puke
2nd month-puke
3rd month- puke with the hopes it will go away
4th month-more puke
5th month-more puke
6th month-still more puke..
7th month- little less puke
8th month-less puke
9th month-no puke
delivery- more puke lol.

It can be scary being pregnant because of the things that can go wrong.. We had a scare around my 7th month baby wasn't moving so we called the hospital and they suggested some things to get him to move.. He moved lol.

Then on my due date I had to be induced at my weekly checkup because baby's heart rate was rising and falling and my blood pressure was doing the same.

I ended up passing out around my 5th month while I was at the store with my mom, my sister, and my brother... hit my face on a kiosk then managed to get myself to the bathroom while still pretty much blacked out.. a store clerk came in cause she saw me hit the floor, she thought I was drunk lol. When I told her I was prego she called my mom and then kept asking if I wanted an ambulance.. Mom brought me soda and sister walked me to the car. Baby was fine, and I was fine but it was scary.

If I wasn't puking, I was eating, just so I could puke more. I couldn't eat enough food to make myself gain weight but baby gained weight just fine.

I wasn't very emotional though, just pretty much normal.

I think the better your support system during pregnancy the easier it seems.