TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Could I Be Pregnant? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t68763-could-i-pregnant/)

bjm_caa March 7th 2011 06:28 AM

Could I Be Pregnant?

I don't know a lot about pregnancy, but I think I might be pregnant. I just got married in June of last year, so i'm ok if I get pregnant. About 2 months ago my period was 6 days late, but it was a normal period. Last month my period was on time, but the cramping was a lot worse than usual. This month i'm due to start on wednesday, but lately i've been really nauseated, dizzy, and have had headaches. I've never had these symptoms with my period before, so thats why I think I could be pregnant. I'm not sure if I should take a test or just wait until I see if my period starts or not. Any advice? Could I be pregnant?

tamz March 7th 2011 12:27 PM

Re: Could I Be Pregnant?

Hey love,

congratulations on the wedding :)

The best thing you can do is take a pregnancy test. My best friend still had periods for the first few months of her pregnancy so your period won't actually confirm you're not pregnant. Those symptoms do sound rather like pregnancy symptoms. But only a test will be able to confirm either way. May I ask if you've been using protection all the time?

Good Luck with getting the result you want :) xx

Eternal March 7th 2011 12:53 PM

Hey there,

Sometimes period cycles can go out of whack even if you are 20. However, the best way to know if your pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. I recommend taking another one a week after taking the first for more accurate results.

Best of luck and congrats on the wedding :)

Dana March 7th 2011 02:26 PM

Well, were you using any form of birth control? If not then there is a chance you are pregnant. Usually the symptoms you're describing wouldn't show up until a few weeks after your first missed period, not before, but I suppose it's possible. Wait and see if you miss your period, then take a test.

Nicolette March 7th 2011 04:34 PM

I suggest like everyone above that you take a test, you can find them at any pharmacy where the condoms are. Make sure you read the directions and follow them carefully so you get an accurate reading. If you're pregnant then you'll have to make an appointment with your doctor, if you're not and you're not on birthcontrol and you want to get your cycle on track I suggest looking into birth control.

bjm_caa March 7th 2011 04:46 PM

I just started my period today, but i'm probably still going to take a test just to be sure. I'm not on any birth control, i've tried it before but i guess I just didn't take the right medicine for me cause I didn't like it. We both have jobs, and we have a good support system from our families. If I am pregnant both of our families wouldnt mind helping us so that's a good thing.

Harmony♥ March 7th 2011 09:26 PM

It's a good thing to have a stable support system, especially if you find out your pregnant.
Like stated above, it's best to take a pregnancy test (always take it first thing in the morning with the first urine. you'll get the best results that way). If your not pregnant, I suggest looking into birth control to help get your cycle in order.
If you didn't like the type of birth control you were on before, do a little research or talk to your doctor about other options. Also, condoms are good to invest in too.