TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   I think i might be pregnant. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t70199-i-think-i-might-pregnant/)

Kayla132 March 25th 2011 07:27 PM

I think i might be pregnant.

Alright, so i usually get my periods the same time each month. Which is the 20th. And I havent gotten my period yet. So therefore, i'm 5 days late. I told my mom about being late and all she said was "Its because of stress." I'm not even stressed. So what should i do? I'm freaking out.

Kate* March 25th 2011 07:39 PM

Re: I think i might be pregnant.

Sometimes your period is just late for a variety of reasons and you may not realize you're stressed. If you think you could be pregnant the only advice we can give you is to take a test or see a doctor. Sometimes worrying about not getting a period is enough to make it late.

--.redpanda.-- March 25th 2011 08:09 PM

Before you freak out, think of this. You could just be having an off month. It happens even on birth control. Also, consider what happened during your last intercourse. If he didn't cum inside or around, you'll be fine.

Also, you should think of this.

If you are 14 days from the day of intercourse, any test you do will be valid.

darkangeljbm March 26th 2011 05:05 AM

Stress or the thought you may be pregnant can make your PD off a few days even a few weeks sometimes. It is best to take a test so you know :)

losing touch. March 28th 2011 09:07 PM

well stress can make your period delayed. you may not think you're stressed but worrying about being pregnant is bound to stress anyone out. just try and calm down and wait it out.. if you still don't get a period in a week or so, do a test.

guillotine_blades March 28th 2011 09:14 PM

[quote=weaseltheepic;608445]Before you freak out, think of this. You could just be having an off month. It happens even on birth control. Also, consider what happened during your last intercourse. If he didn't cum inside or around, you'll be fine.
Not so much, pre-cum has sperm in it and if it was unprotected sex, there is a possibility of becoming pregnant, even if he pulled out
Also, you should think of this.

If you are 14 days from the day of intercourse, any test you do will be valid.

This is true, I would advise taking a pregnancy test now, if you haven't already

--.redpanda.-- March 29th 2011 12:20 AM

I meant any form of cum, pre-cum included. I should have been more specific. Damn dysgraphia! :/

Alicia.C March 30th 2011 04:16 PM

Besides stress, it could also be diet or exercise. It could also just be a late ovulation as well. The only way to know is to take a test or wait it out for a while. Good luck.