TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   I dont know if I'm pregnant or having a miscarriage (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t79058-i-dont-know-if-im-pregnant-having-miscarriage/)

baffle123 July 11th 2011 07:29 PM

I dont know if I'm pregnant or having a miscarriage

Okay, so my period was a few days late, but then it came. The morning it came it was really really heavy, like blood everywhere in my pajama pants and thats not really normal for me. Usually, i have cramps that wake me up at night and i just get up and put a tampon in before I start to really bleed. The blood was bright red and I had a few clots coming out that were kinda big and gray looking. I bled like that for about two days and the last two days I barely bled at all. Then last night I got these horrible cramps that stung and felt like period pains at the same time, it was really bad and it only got worse. Basically, I just dont know if I'm pregnant or just had a miscarriage. I really doubt i'm pregnant though cause everywhere I read doesnt really describe what I'm going through. Can anyone please help me out?

Harmony♥ July 11th 2011 08:43 PM

Re: I dont know if I'm pregnant or having a miscarriage

Regardless of knowing whether you are pregnant or not, which we cannot tell you because we aren't doctors, you should see a professional. You said the bleeding you were experiencing wasn't normal for you therefore, something could be wrong and you should see a doctor about it. If you are indeed experiencing a miscarriage, you'll need to be examined by a doctor to make sure you are okay, and to make sure everything is taken out. A miscarriage that doesn't get taken care of can ultimately be dangerous for you and your health. That being said, get yourself to a doctor.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that wearing tampons while you sleep is highly not advised. There is something called TSS, or Toxic Shock Syndrome, which can be extremely DANGEROUS to your health. You need to be able to change your tampon every 4-6 hours, depending on when the instructions advise you, and wearing them while you sleep you can wear them up to 7-8 or even longer at a time. Not healthy for you, because TSS has been known to lead to death in previous cases. I would wear maxi-pads to sleep in, and just put a tampon in when you wake up in the morning.

Angel July 12th 2011 02:40 PM

I don't mean to alarm you, but the greyish looking clots that you're passing could be fetal tissue. You should call up your doctor and set up an appointment soon. We can't do much else besides that, I'm sorry.

Pessimistic Panda July 12th 2011 05:39 PM

yes like others have said definately call your doctor

Nightblood. July 13th 2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShannonPants (Post 681723)
Regardless of knowing whether you are pregnant or not, which we cannot tell you because we aren't doctors, you should see a professional. You said the bleeding you were experiencing wasn't normal for you therefore, something could be wrong and you should see a doctor about it. If you are indeed experiencing a miscarriage, you'll need to be examined by a doctor to make sure you are okay, and to make sure everything is taken out. A miscarriage that doesn't get taken care of can ultimately be dangerous for you and your health. That being said, get yourself to a doctor.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that wearing tampons while you sleep is highly not advised. There is something called TSS, or Toxic Shock Syndrome, which can be extremely DANGEROUS to your health. You need to be able to change your tampon every 4-6 hours, depending on when the instructions advise you, and wearing them while you sleep you can wear them up to 7-8 or even longer at a time. Not healthy for you, because TSS has been known to lead to death in previous cases. I would wear maxi-pads to sleep in, and just put a tampon in when you wake up in the morning.

Every type of tampon I've had has said up to 8 hours. I personally see nothing wrong with sleeping with a tampon if that's what makes you comfortable.

guillotine_blades July 15th 2011 05:50 PM

**If you are suspecting a possible miscarriage, you should NOT use a tampon AT ALL. Regardless of what time of day or night, they shouldn't be used while possibly miscarrying.

By now I am sure this has all been resolved, seeing as with a miscarriage once the heavy heavy bleeding and cramping has started it is usually over within a few hours, then with a medium flow for a few days afterwards with little to no cramps at that point. Or it was your period and it should be at the tail end of it now or ending.

I hope everything turned out ok