TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   My friend is pregnant (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t82100-my-friend-pregnant/)

crazychick10793 August 18th 2011 05:43 AM

My friend is pregnant

I'm still a virgin myself, but I recently found out one of my best friends is about 4 months pregnant. How do I be there for her? What can I say? idk I just want to make her feel better so bad and I have no experience with this stuff. So can anyone else who is a teen mom help me with what to say and how to be there for her?

Harmony♥ August 18th 2011 03:22 PM

Re: My friend is pregnant

To be there for your friend is to just be supportive of her and the decisions that she's going to make toward her future and the babies future. She might be considering options that you might not agree with, such as adoption or keeping the baby, but remember: this is her decision and her decision only, so be supportive of her in the aspect. Don't push her into making any decisions, since that's only going to make things worse in the long run.

Stargazed. August 18th 2011 03:47 PM

Be supportive. Don't push her into doing things she doesn't wanna do, etc.

crazychick10793 August 18th 2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShannonPants (Post 707979)
To be there for your friend is to just be supportive of her and the decisions that she's going to make toward her future and the babies future. She might be considering options that you might not agree with, such as adoption or keeping the baby, but remember: this is her decision and her decision only, so be supportive of her in the aspect. Don't push her into making any decisions, since that's only going to make things worse in the long run.

She's keeping the baby, and I support that. But I just feel like I'm not helping her enough :(

Harmony♥ August 18th 2011 09:32 PM

There isn't much you can do to help whether or not you try as hard as you can. Just be supportive of the decision she has made. It's going to be a difficult time for her so be her shoulder to cry on, the person she vents to, the person she knows that she can count on.

Is the babies father still in the picture? If not, then I would volunteer to go to doctor's appointments with her so she isn't entirely alone, or to go to Lamaze classes (birthing classes) with her.

Angel August 19th 2011 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by connietalbotfan (Post 708129)
She's keeping the baby, and I support that. But I just feel like I'm not helping her enough :(

Why do you feel as if you aren't helping her enough?

Just try and be a good friend to her! Let her know that you're there for her if she needs any support. You may wish to offer to take her to her prenatal exams and birthing classes, as Shannon has suggestion. I'm sure she appreciates all of your support!

healthnews August 31st 2011 03:00 AM

Give positive support to her. In this condition she might have suffered mental condition, as close friend your role must be positive.

Harmony♥ August 31st 2011 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthnews (Post 714993)
Give positive support to her. In this condition she might have suffered mental condition, as close friend your role must be positive.

Do you have a source that says that pregnancy can cause a mental condition? If so, I'd really love to see it. :nosweat: