TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   I'm not pregnant! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t84106-im-not-pregnant/)

Lost_Confused September 16th 2011 08:32 PM

I'm not pregnant!

I wasn't sure if I was or not because I did have a "period" that was light and lasted for a few days last month. But I just started today, complete with major cramps, and I do hate periods but I love how I know I'm not knocked up. :D

And I went to the doctor today because of lumps on my feet and one on my neck, and they're cysts. (Disgusting.) I don't know if I'll get them removed or not, I hate them but I don't know if the doctor can get everything and it won't come back. So, opinions? Should I, should I not? But at least they're not cancer, so I'm glad of that.

Edit: I'm talking to the guy I like right now. (He likes me too, he just can't date me yet.) We haven't talked for about a week, and I've been wanting to talk to him for the past few days so now I'm happy as hell.

escape_thereal_world September 16th 2011 09:24 PM

Re: I'm not pregnant!

Cysts don't generally come back. They can, but it's not too common. If you are able to afford it, go ahead and do it. There is generally no risk to having them removed, other than it is considered a surgery so you risk infection unless taken care of correctly.

Congrats on not being pregnant :) I'm glad you have one less thing to stress over.

Lost_Confused September 16th 2011 09:50 PM

Yeah, my mom had cysts and when she had them taken out they came back for her. We have insurance, which would pay for it I'm sure. I kind of want to, since I just hate having these lumps in my feet.

And thank you. No kidding.

escape_thereal_world September 16th 2011 10:14 PM

Well, if they come back they come back. At least you won't be paying for it and they might NOT come back so it can't hurt. :) On the other hand, they are harmless unless they burst, though it only hurts for a few minutes when they do. So, that's entirely up to you.

Lost_Confused September 16th 2011 10:49 PM

True. I may get them taken care of. I know I'll have a scar, but I have tons of those anyways so I don't really care. Not like I haven't had surgery before.

escape_thereal_world September 16th 2011 11:34 PM

Well, the scars are usually fairly small. With proper moisturizing they should heal and begin to fade within a year. :)

Lost_Confused September 17th 2011 01:39 AM

That's true. Awesome! I may just go for it. I'll talk to my mom in a few minutes.

Eternal September 17th 2011 05:58 AM

Congrats on not being pregnant :)

Stargazed. September 17th 2011 11:29 AM

Congrats on not being pregnant, I bet it's a relief. :)

MegaMadness September 17th 2011 01:37 PM

Glad everything is well :)

Lost_Confused September 17th 2011 02:49 PM

Thank you all. It is SUCH a relief. My life would've been done if I was knocked up.