TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   pregnant and husband in the army (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t95184-pregnant-husband-army/)

MidnightMay February 17th 2012 02:42 AM

pregnant and husband in the army

I am 18 years old, married and now found out I am pregnant. I haven't told my husband yet because I am scared. He leaves to go overseas in two weeks and I have no idea what to do or say. I am afraid to be on my own and also be going through all of this. Does anybody have any advice???:?:?

JollyRancher. February 17th 2012 02:48 AM

Re: pregnant and husband in the army

I think that the first thing you should do is tell him you pregnant. I would probably break the news very slowly and after a romantic meal. Then you should talk to the people that you think most likely will help, so when he leaves you will have someone at your side. That way you are not alone and he can be reasured you and the baby will be ok.

By the way congratulation

dani99 February 17th 2012 02:53 AM

I would take a home pregnancy test, set him down, and hand it to him. It'll save you from words and it'll give him time to take it all in.

ForgetMeNot9 February 17th 2012 03:01 AM

First off, Congratulations.^.^ I understand that you're scared but I think that you should tell your husband. He will be able to reassure you, the two of you can talk it over, and then you might feel a little better about it. Also, like it was already said, you should talk to some people who you think would be able to be around so you will have someone to help you. I hope everything goes well for you!

Stargazed. February 17th 2012 03:05 AM

Congratulations. ^.^ I really think it's important that you tell him before he goes. He may get upset if you keep it from him for too long and I'm sure he'd like to know. He also deserves to know, you know? Sit him down and tell him straight out that you've found out that you're pregnant. Tell him how you're feeling and wait for him to respond. When he does, let him voice his opinions. Stay calm, alright? I'm sure everything will be alright. He's your husband and I doubt he'd leave you because you're carrying his child. Take care. :hug:

MidnightMay February 17th 2012 03:12 AM

Thanks! I just don't know what to expect with this. Also to Le bonheur* he is getting shipped off to Afghanistan, because he is in the army.

Harmony♥ February 17th 2012 03:31 AM

I understand that this is an incredibly scary time for you. This is something you didn't expect, especially now when your husband is being shipped out in a few weeks. I'd honestly tell him before he leaves, that way you can talk about what's going to happen, how he'll get updates on your progress, etc. I'd also speak to close family or friends that will be willing to help you while he's away as well: trips to the doctor, lamaze classes if you decide to do them, who will be your back up support. It's not going to be easy, but you don't have to be alone during this time. Sure, your husband might be away, but he's in your heart, and you can have others around you during your pregnancy so you won't go through it alone.

escape_thereal_world February 17th 2012 11:38 AM

Along with everyone else's advice, keep in mind...often times the army will allow leave so your husband can be there when you have the child (though sometimes they don't get leave until you've had the baby). Either way, definitely let him know. Then you two can start looking into options together before he has to leave.

Arcenciel February 18th 2012 03:53 AM

To my understanding, there are supports for military wives/girlfriends and you may be able to access those supports and connect with other women who are moms but whose husbands are overseas. That may help. Good luck, and congrats :)