TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   pregnant? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t95352-pregnant/)

apple_123 February 19th 2012 04:51 AM

pregnant?

I have been having sex with my boyfriend for over a month now, we always use condoms and he always checks for any leakage, however, my period is a week late, (I just started birth control 5 months ago) should I stop worrying?
No other symptoms!

ForgetMeNot9 February 19th 2012 05:07 AM

Re: pregnant?

When you're having sex, there's always that possibility that you could get pregnant but it sounds like you are being safe by using condoms. Just because your period is late though doesn't necessarily mean that you are pregnant :) I suggest taking a pregnancy test, just in case. If anything it'll put your mind at ease. Take care!

♥ HeartbeatLover ♥ February 19th 2012 07:07 AM

yeah like Megan said take a pregnancy test and it should take your mind off of things... i noe i thought i was prego a while back but i was having a full panel blood test done cuz i was having stomach problems and it came back negative and my period started like a week late so i was alright with it. So yeah just take a pregnancy test just to ease ur mind

Evanesco February 19th 2012 02:46 PM

I'm taking from your post that you're using both oral birth control (some form of pill) and condoms. Correct me if I've got the wrong idea. :p
With both of those things in place and with the care you seem to be taking, it doesn't sound like you are pregnant. Obviously, I can't say for sure (I'm not a pregnancy test :dem: ) but lots of things can make your period late that are unrelated to pregnancy. Taking a pregnancy test would set your mind at rest, but also try not to worry about it because stress and worry can make your period late as well.

Harmony♥ February 19th 2012 05:15 PM

Like the others said, you've been very safe with using both birth control and condoms. Of course, there is always a chance of pregnancy when you're in a sexual relationship, but with the care you've been taking, I highly doubt it's likely that you're pregnant. Periods can become irregular due to many things such as stress, changes in diet, new exercise regime, etc. It could be any of those things, including pregnancy. The only way to know for sure would be to take a pregnancy test to make sure.

apple_123 February 19th 2012 10:13 PM

Thanks guys!
And congrats on your niece shannon!

Harmony♥ February 20th 2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apple_123 (Post 818318)
Thanks guys!
And congrats on your niece shannon!

Thank you Julie!

I wish you the best of luck with this, and never hesitate to shoot me a PM if you have anymore questions!

apple_123 February 22nd 2012 03:39 AM

Hey guys! Just thought I would let you all know I stopped stressing about this and my period came! (Not pregnant) I love my boyfriend and I'm so confident he'll be my husband one day, but that doesn't mean I want a baby yet! Haha thanks guys! Yall rock!

Harmony♥ February 22nd 2012 03:45 AM

I'm so happy things are going well for you!

Since this seems to be resolved, I'm going to close your thread, Julie! Of course, you can PM me or Kelly if you'd like it reopened, or begin a new thread if you have any more questions or concerns in the future! :nosweat: