TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f8-lgbtq-sexuality-gender-identity/)
-   -   It just stopped? Wtf? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f8-lgbtq-sexuality-gender-identity/t160509-just-stopped-wtf/)

DeletedAccount71 October 13th 2020 09:05 PM

It just stopped? Wtf?

I started testosterone injections for HRT in late July, so I have been on testosterone for almost three months now. In that time the changes I've experienced have been weird. I watch a lot of trans vloggers on YouTube and it's like my changes really differ from all theirs, which makes me feel very self-conscious. Like for example, they started having voice changes fairly early, and bottom growth is pretty much one of the first things to happen. Things like facial hair, fat distribution, etc. happen later.

I'm weird. I've started (slowly) developing hair on my chin, which is surprising, since it doesn't usually happen until later in transition for most people, but I don't have those other basic changes, like bottom growth and my voice dropping. I started to have both several weeks ago; my clitoris felt very sensitive and my vocal chords hurt and were making me sound a bit lower, but then suddenly it just stopped and it hasn't started again. I feel like I am broken, and maybe my body just can't process testosterone well? This is even with going up on my dose, from .2 ml to .25 ml. I just don't understand it.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is this normal or am I weird?

Arabesque- golfing girl. October 16th 2020 08:45 AM

Re: It just stopped? Wtf?

Hi Eli,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon. Would you be able to talk to someone about this and see what they say? For example the doctor who you have been seeing for this and ask them why you are feeling like this and what is happening to you. I know that sometimes it can be hard because we want something to work so well for us and then when it has stopped we can get upset and feel down about ourselves. Try not to get upset or be down on yourself. If you can do something to get your mind off of this so that you are not thinking about it so much, reading or drawing or painting or calling a friend or family member or putting on a funny movie or TV show or something else that you enjoy doing for a while and hopefully you will be okay soon. I hope you will be soon. Hugs to help.

Dawn. October 18th 2020 07:17 AM

Re: It just stopped? Wtf?

Hi Eli,

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. It can be tough when things aren't going to plan. As Emma mentioned, maybe speak to your doctor about what's been going on. They might be able to help.