TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f8-lgbtq-sexuality-gender-identity/)
-   -   Lets here some of your favorite LGBT quotes! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f8-lgbtq-sexuality-gender-identity/t37674-lets-here-some-your-favorite-lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgendered-quotes/)

SaveMe February 18th 2010 01:03 AM

Lets here some of your favorite LGBT quotes!

And also, how did you come out?
personally my story is pretty funny.
I decided to be my loser self and post a quote on my facebook status.
"1,2,3,4, open up the closet door, 5,6,7,8 don't assume your friends are straight"
Haha :)

plk524 February 18th 2010 01:34 AM

Re: Lets here some of your favorite LGBT quotes!

ahahaha!! i love that!! it's so silly, yet so...amusing!

DeletedAccount84 February 18th 2010 01:59 PM

We had a thread like this:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f8-lg...-quotes-lgbtq/

But its old, so a new one is fine. New quotes probably exist too.

Anyway, this is one of my favourite quotes, just because it's an issue that does come up from time to time, and I think it answers the issue quite well and comically:

Quote:

I get sick of listening to straight people complain about, "Well, hey, we don't have a heterosexual-pride day, why do you need a gay-pride day?" I remember when I was a kid I'd always ask my mom: "Why don't we have a Kid's Day? We have a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, but why don't we have a Kid's Day?" My mom would always say, "Every day is Kid's Day." To all those heterosexuals that bitch about gay pride, I say the same thing: Every day is heterosexual-pride day! Can't you people enjoy your banquet and not piss on those of us enjoying our crumbs over here in the corner? ~Rob Nash

Unicorn. February 18th 2010 02:21 PM

I actually have quite a few of these on my profile :hehe:
But my favourite

Quote:

Why do we have to draw straight lines all the time? Lets draw gay lines!

TheLittleNinja February 18th 2010 02:32 PM

Ohhhh I love threads like these :]

I love this quote, I feel it refers to every single sexuality out there including heterosexuals - Ideally this would be the perfect world =]

Quote:

"If you dream of a world in which you can put your partner's picture on your desk,
then put her picture on your desk...and you will live in such a world.
And if you dream of a world in which you can walk down the street holding your partner's hand,
then hold her hands...and you will live in such a world.
If you dream of a world in which there are more openly gay elected officials,
then run for office...and you will live in such a world.
And if you dream of a world in which you can take your partner to the office party,
even if your office is the US House of Representatives, then take her to the party.
I do, and now I live in such a world.
Remember, there are two things that keep us oppressed --- them and us.
We are half of the equation."

Tammy Baldwin
The first out lesbian and
the first openly gay non-incumbent
elected to the United States Congress

Bibliophile February 18th 2010 03:58 PM

"Homophobia is gay."

"You're so STRAIGHT." D:

"I'm not a lesbian but my girlfriend is."

"You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight."

"If time and space are curved, where do all of the straight people come from?"

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer.""

"No government has the right to tell its citizens when or whom to love. The only queer people are those who don't love anybody."

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." :hehe: Had to include this one.

noise94 February 18th 2010 06:58 PM

"Everybody's journey is individual. If you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality. "

"Understand that sexuality is as wide as the sea. Understand that your morality is not law. Understand that we are you. Understand that if we decide to have sex whether safe, safer, or unsafe, it is our decision and you have no rights in our lovemaking."

"It always seemed to me a bit pointless to disapprove of homosexuality. It's like disapproving of rain."

"I'm not homosexual, I'm not heterosexual, I'm just sexual." :hehe:

Nekokira52 February 20th 2010 03:47 AM

My science teacher has a poster taped to his door that says, "straight but not narrow" which I think is a very.. Thought provoking quote?

Also, "Your math class can't be gay but the person sitting next to you could be."

Algernon February 20th 2010 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rie (Post 328552)
"Homophobia is gay."

"You're so STRAIGHT." D:

"I'm not a lesbian but my girlfriend is."

"You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight."

"If time and space are curved, where do all of the straight people come from?"

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer.""

"No government has the right to tell its citizens when or whom to love. The only queer people are those who don't love anybody."

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." :hehe: Had to include this one.

LOL. Those are good..

But that straight lines, gay lines... Seriously not funny.

Maiden February 23rd 2010 08:22 PM

"For a long time I thought I wanted to be a nun. Then I realized that what I really wanted to be was a lesbian.

“The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.”

I am a writer who happens to love women. I am not a lesbian who happens to write.

losing touch. February 24th 2010 06:21 AM

If male homosexuals are called "gay," then female homosexuals should be called "ecstatic."
~Shelly Roberts

When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one.
~Leonard P. Matlovich

You'll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.
~George Michael

Xujhan February 24th 2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elle. (Post 332707)
When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one.
~Leonard P. Matlovich

Excellent quote. =) One of my favourites:

"My lesbianism is an act of Christian charity. All those women out there praying for a man, and I'm giving them my share. " ~Rita Mae Brown

Just Peachy. February 24th 2010 04:29 PM

Okay I have like one:

Closets are for clothes.

:D

honeycake February 25th 2010 07:58 PM

I'm straight but anyways i like this one:

I started being really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't - Kurt Cobain

noise94 February 25th 2010 08:29 PM

''Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.''

''Well, actually, I'm a bisexual lesbian in a man's body... but it's more complicated than that.''

''Let me live my life as I want, for at its end it is I who must die.''

Fictional February 25th 2010 08:52 PM

"I don't even think straight"

As for coming out stories?
Je: "So how many guys have you kissed?"
Me: **embarrased** "One.."
Jo: "Don't forget the girls!"
**everyone in the room exchanges looks**
Jo: "Yeah, she kissed my best friend Kate."

Yeah, thanks for that ¬_¬

DeletedAccount69 February 26th 2010 03:23 PM

When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one. ~Epitaph of Leonard P. Matlovich, 1988

The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. ~Lynn Lavner

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

No government has the right to tell its citizens when or whom to love. The only queer people are those who don't love anybody. ~Rita Mae Brown, speech, 28 August 1982

If time and space are curved, where do all of the straight people come from? ~Author Unknown

War. Rape. Murder. Poverty. Equal rights for gays. Guess which one the Southern Baptist Convention is protesting? ~The Value of Families

My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror. ~W. Somerset Maugham

I'm a supporter of gay rights. And not a closet supporter either. From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community. There are so many qualities that make up a human being... by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant. ~Paul Newman

I am reminded of a colleague who reiterated "all my homosexual patients are quite sick" - to which I finally replied "so are all my heterosexual patients." ~Ernest van den Haag, psychotherapist

My theory is that the hardest work anyone does in life is to appear normal. ~From the movie Ed TV