TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f8-lgbtq-sexuality-gender-identity/)
-   -   Half Trans? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f8-lgbtq-sexuality-gender-identity/t86145-half-trans/)

MusicFreakCaroline October 11th 2011 06:49 PM

Half Trans?

Ok so I'm a girl biologically and half of the time I feel more or less like a boy buy I still like girl clothes sometimes too. I was thinking of starting to bind my chest. I don't know. I'm still really confused about my gender identity and I might try just dressing androgynously for awhile. Im really not sure whether I feel like a boy but I know I want to dress like one a lot of the time. I am bisexual I guess but I favor girls. Meh Im confused. I just want some tips on binding and stuff.

Pensive14 October 16th 2011 04:37 AM

Re: Half Trans?

well, I can't give you tips on binding (not a girl), but I can recommend you don't do it. Since you're just experimenting with it, I think ambiguous clothing is enough. I mean, the male equivalent would be walking around with fake breasts (not implants). It's just a little much.
Honestly, I've been there and I'm still struggling with my identity.

Pandaloo October 17th 2011 09:57 PM

It's okay, sometimes gender is not as simple as black and white! There are grey areas, there are people out there like you who feel male sometimes and feel female sometimes. It'll just take time, I promise you. You'll know who you are soon, right now, wear what makes you feel comfortable and happy.

cardio October 17th 2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandaloo (Post 742085)
It's okay, sometimes gender is not as simple as black and white! There are grey areas, there are people out there like you who feel male sometimes and feel female sometimes. It'll just take time, I promise you. You'll know who you are soon, right now, wear what makes you feel comfortable and happy.

I completely agree with that! There's definitely not just male and female, there's a whole lot in between and a whole lot completely outside of that too.

Also, gender identity doesn't have to be the same as the gender you express all the time. Personally, I'm biologically female and identify 100% as female, but sometimes I feel like dressing in a very "masculine" way and would be flattered, instead of insulted, if someone thought I was male some days.

Sythan October 18th 2011 06:55 AM

The whole "There is only male or female" thing is false. It's called the Gender Binary System, and it's a made up system which believes there are only two genders, male and female. You could be Gender Queer, Gender Non-Conforming, Gender Neutral, Androgynous, or a mix of any of them, there is no such thing as a wrong or right definition, it's what you feel.

sasuketwin October 19th 2011 03:33 AM

well in my experience with freinds,binding ur chest could hurt if done wrong,and for the confusion i admit that i understand ur pov but you should sit and think usually helps u get calm and rationalize