TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   My girlfriend thinks I'm cheating on her :( (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t102453-my-girlfriend-thinks-im-cheating-her/)

Des1615 May 24th 2012 09:14 AM

My girlfriend thinks I'm cheating on her :(

well as you could see the title, it all started when we were talking on skype then we were arguing about how we met and yeah I got so frustrated so I was going to say her name and say stop arguing with me but I accidentally called her the wrong name I said Rachel to her, Rachel was a friend who I loved but she was straight so I guess she was on my mind at that time. She stopped and sat there and there was a moment of silence, I started panicking. She got so mad at me and thought that I was cheating on me and I kept on tell her I didn't but she didn't believed me and she went off skype, and igoring me. But she doesn't even know Rachel I think its over but I want her back, ahhh what should I do let it be or try out something to convince her I wasn't cheating.

Mitch May 24th 2012 09:38 AM

Re: My girlfriend thinks I'm cheating on her :(

If at all possible, try and talk to her in person and explain about Rachel, we are only human and it wasn't your fault, we constantly have other people on our mind and because you were arguing I guess it just reminded you of her. It was an accident/misunderstanding - and if she doesn't accept that then I guess she isn't worth your time. You can't possibly have a good relationship when there is no trust between you - especially over something she has no idea about and is just making negative assumptions.

Eternal May 24th 2012 12:13 PM

I think its best to give her some space for a little bit so that she can cool down from this, and then try talking to her about it in person. If you tried explaining now, she probably still won't believe you. So wait until she calms down and then let her know that it was purely an accident.
Communication is very important in a relationship, and fights are common to happen. If you two ever get in another fight, its best to step away from it for the time being, otherwise you could end up saying things that you don't mean.

Always * May 24th 2012 06:54 PM

As Nicole said, you should give her time to cool down and talk to her.
There is only so much you can do to get her to realize it really meant nothing though, but it would be best if you explain why you were thinking about her and that it really meant nothing, and the LAST nothing it could possibly have meant was that you were cheating.
Once you give her time to cool off, and then you explain your side, that's really all you can do. She'll either forgive you or she won't

Des1615 May 24th 2012 08:59 PM

Okay thanks all of you! I just really hope that she understands