TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me :( (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t106918-my-girlfriend-broke-up-me/)

Des1615 July 25th 2012 08:03 AM

My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me :(

Well she broke up with me a while ago but still kind of heartbroken but we're friends. She broke up with me during my grad dance :( I was wondering if theres any ways to not think about the break up and the other problem is that she already got a girlfriend and I'm jealous but I'm trying not to. So is there ways to distract myself?

DeletedAccount56 July 25th 2012 08:09 PM

Re: My Girlfriend Broke Up With Me :(

Hi there Des.

Dont be afraid to take a step back from being friends for a while if that's what you need. Sometimes we need a bit of a break from that person just to deal with the feelings etc that come with a breakup.

Try to keep yourself busy with things that you enjoy doing-make sure you hang out with other friends too and not just her.

You will feel better in time

Take care.

Eternal July 27th 2012 04:08 AM

If you're not over her then you shouldn't be friends just yet. Otherwise its going to just hurt more and take longer to move on. The best thing to do after a breakup is cut off contact and keep yourself busy with things you enjoy. This can include hobbies, exercise, and spending time with friends and family.
Mostly its going to take awhile so just focus on what's best for you right now and don't try and rush things. You'll feel better every day.

BeautifulDisaster95 July 27th 2012 03:18 PM

I agree with everyone above! Spend time with family, that helps also. Turn off the phone for a day. Just shut out the world and focuse on you and your family. That's what i do.

Kumagoro July 27th 2012 03:52 PM

Hey Des,

I agree with everyone else here - you need to cut contact for a bit, just to come to terms with it. Maybe you'll stay friends with her in the long run, but right now you need to spend some time with you. Or close friends, or family, or someone who isn't her. Otherwise it really will hurt more.

Different things work for different people, of course. Sometimes listening to music can get you through a break-up. Sometimes it helps to take your mind off it and sometimes you need your own time and space to think it over and come to terms with it. I don't think overanalysing it will help though - maybe you just need to find a middle ground. Spend some time with other people, listen to music, watch TV and try not to dwell on it too much. But don't be afraid to cry, vent or grieve if that's what you need to do. It's better to get it out of your system if you can.

Take care, Des. I know you can get through this. :hug:

fuckinghateniggers July 28th 2012 11:54 PM

Hi ik how u feel my bf left me bc I wasn't enough it hurts so bad I cry so much.. Try to surround urself with friends and family ok just know that if u need to talk I'm only a message away

~~chase the morning~~