TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   girlfriend doesn't want to party (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t125900-girlfriend-doesnt-want-party/)

Go_red_sox November 25th 2013 06:16 PM

girlfriend doesn't want to party

So first off, I'm 16 years old and in the 10th grade. So the deal is I keep getting invited to house parties (with alcohol) and I've never been to one before. I would like to go to see what it's like and maybe drink a little bit because ive never drank alcohol before.The thing is, I dont want to go to one without my girlfriend who used to party all the time but she doesn't want to anymore. She said she would go if i went but i know she doesn't want to and all i want is for her to be comfortable with goung. Please don't give answers like "dont drink when youre that young" and like that, it would most likely only be a one time thing. oh, me and my girlfriend have been together 6 months if that changes anything

Thereishope November 25th 2013 06:29 PM

Re: girlfriend doesn't want to party

If she doesn't want to go, when she used to, there must be a reason why she decided to stop. I know from having family members who used to drink, being around it can cause them to start having cravings for it and it's hard to keep from it if you're around it. So I wouldn't pressure her into going and I would really talk to her about it and see how she'd feel if you went with a friend or something. If she doesn't want you to and has a pretty good and understandable reason why and you really want to not cause any sort of rift between the 2 of you then I would suggest not getting involved in that.

Skeleton November 25th 2013 07:12 PM

Agreeing with Michael, if she used to go to such things and now she doesn't want to, there is obviously a reason behind why she doesn't so I wouldn't pressure her into it or take her if you know that she doesn't want to go. Maybe you could talk to her and find out what the reason is, see if it's something that you could help her with. If you do really want to go though, you could ask a friend instead, I know it won't be the same as going with your girlfriend but if she isn't comfortable with going, you can't make her.

DeletedAccount71 November 26th 2013 02:55 AM

I agree with what others have said above. If your girlfriend stopped partying, then there is a reason she stopped partying and, therefore, why she would feel uncomfortable going. It would not be fair to her to pressure her into going to ease your comfort, since it is something she would rather not take part in. I would suggest if you are interested in pursuing such a party to go on your own or with other friends if you feel you must take somebody.