TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   girlfriend problems. What should I do?!? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t126426-girlfriend-problems-what-should-i-do/)

XxXLostAndBrokenXxX December 8th 2013 02:32 AM

girlfriend problems. What should I do?!?

I've been dating this girl. I really like her but there's issues that are making me frustrated and confused. She isn't ready to come out because of how her parents and grandparents will react, which I totally get I'm not mad about that because I get it I really do but I just. It doesn't seem like we're actually dating and I feel like she isn't even into me anymore. As happy as she makes me it actually hurts to be with her. Because I'm always worried I'll slip up in front of someone and spill the secret about us dating. And I'm always afraid I'm going to say something wrong. I just don't know what to do. I like her but it's just so difficult and confusing and it hurts so much. Help.. What do I do

Ennui. December 8th 2013 02:36 AM

Re: girlfriend problems. What should I do?!?

I really do think you should communicate with her about this and let her know how you feel. I know that it may be hard, but honesty and communication are key in any relationship, so you should let her know that you understand why she is not coming out right now, but you have concerns and feelings you have, such as accidentally slipping up in front of someone who may tell her family, and how you don't feel as if she is into you anymore.

At least if you let her know your concerns, she can either ease your mind a bit or try and find things to do to improve the current relationship the two of you have.

Of course, if nothing is going to change for a while even after you communicate with her, you'll have to think about whether you are comfortable enough or happy with staying in this relationship, or whether you'd want to move on for now.

taylalatbh. December 8th 2013 05:17 PM

Re: girlfriend problems. What should I do?!?

I agree with the above poster. You should talk to her and let her know how you're feeling. Her issues with coming out are her problems and she needs to deal with that in her own time. As a good girlfriend you need to support her in this, as I'm sure you know.

If you're worried about her feelings towards you because of how she's acting, then that's definitely something that you need to talk to her about. Just to make sure all the feelings are still there. It could be that she's too worried about people knowing about her sexuality, so she refrains from any public displays but it's a good idea to ask her about it.

The end option would be to really take a look at the relationship. If she's not willing to come out any time soon, and that's a problem for you due to your wanting for public displays then you need to really consider staying in the relationship. It's not fair on you or her.

Hope I helped.