TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Do you talk to your boyfriend/girlfriend everyday? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t133627-do-you-talk-your-boyfriend-girlfriend-everyday/)

Doodle. October 20th 2014 08:48 PM

Do you talk to your boyfriend/girlfriend everyday?

Do you talk to your boyfriend/girlfriend everyday? I was over my friend's house a few weeks ago and said "I'll phone my boyfriend now cause I haven't spoken to him all day" (it was like 5pm) And he said he had gone nearly a week before without talking to his ex, they hadn't argued or anything but they just didn't text/phone each-other because they had "nothing to say" I said I would find that odd and he said they didn't at all. Me and my boyfriend speak to each-other everyday.

This is a question for couples who don't live together obviously :p

Zee07h October 20th 2014 09:27 PM

Re: Do you talk to your boyfriend/girlfriend everyday?

Hey. I talk to my boyfriend every day. I can't go a whole week without talking to him even if we had a fight. :)

anonymouswhale October 20th 2014 09:48 PM

Yup, I talk to my boyfriend every day, multiple times per day unless we're very pre-occupied (work commitments, travel etc).

Always * October 21st 2014 12:29 AM

I talk to my boyfriend everyday. But I don't have to. If something came up and we couldn't talk that day it would be ok.... But we also just started dating so we're kind of in that point where we're really excited to talk to each other all the time. It might wear off and we'll be able to go a day without talking - but to me, it's like you should want to talk to your significant other, like someday I'd like to live with my boyfriend. Right now it's to soon, but we both know we want to live with each other in the next year or so if we're still together and I am done school (and we should be together), and then you'd be talking every day because you live together....

Ambedo. October 21st 2014 12:32 AM

I talk to my girlfriend everyday, but it's not really something we have a choice about. When you're in a long distance relationship, talking everyday is kind of a necessity to maintain closeness.

Astrophile. October 21st 2014 01:20 AM

When I didn't live with my girlfriend (fiance), I talked to her everyday because we were long distance and it was essential to keep the closeness (stealing Sammi's explanation :p).

Always * October 21st 2014 02:04 AM

Yeah I should probably mention that I am in a log distance relationship.

DeletedAccount71 October 21st 2014 03:12 AM

I think it's really dependent upon the couple. I try to keep in contact with my partners once a day, even if it's only a goodnight text. It lets them know I thought about them during my day.

Eternal October 22nd 2014 03:34 AM

I'm currently living with my boyfriend, although this is a recent thing and before we definitely would text each other at least once a day. If we couldn't see each other that day we didn't tend to have a phone call, although I wish we had because that's a lot better than reading messages over a screen.
We might have to live separately again this Winter so we will probably be sure to text each other again to stay close and hopefully this time we're more proactive about phone calls. :p

mg306 October 22nd 2014 03:38 AM

Yeah I think your friend isnt very good at relationships then. I mean it depends how close you guys are, but me personally, I think if your not close enough that you REALLY like eachother you shouldn't be dating yet. And normally when people Really like eachother they want to talk a lot. My boyfriend sometimes is busy, and yeah thats fine, but we usually talk at least a half hour a day if not more. How long have you two been dating?

Lelola October 23rd 2014 09:28 AM

I live with him but I don't talk to him every day because we're on different schedules.

Koharuchan October 23rd 2014 04:17 PM

Absolutely, talk to him every day. (mostly, there are days he just can't pick up the phone) Especially since we've, for the time being, at least, become long distance. With him being in the Navy and currently being away at A-School for his training, I really don't have too much time to talk with him anymore, so I have to grab every opportunity I can get.

Gingerbread Latte October 23rd 2014 04:21 PM

I live with my boyfriend but sometimes we go a few days without talking. Mostly due to me being busy at university during the same and asleep at night, he's a bit of a night owl so is mostly awake at night :p

mistakecentral October 30th 2014 06:03 PM

We talk every morning before we leave our houses, at lunch, and every night. When you find someone who never bores you and makes you smile with hello. Why not talk alot

Kindred October 30th 2014 06:29 PM

Before I moved in with my boyfriend, yes we talked everyday. I found it strange when one my friend's didn't, it had been like 36 hours or something and I was so confused but that was normal to her so :')

BreathingIn November 7th 2014 09:57 PM

Yes, my boyfriend and I talk to each other every day, just because we always have something to talk about! :hehe: It depends on the relationship, but in my opinion it is healthy to talk every day.

There's a fine line between a nice chat and being too much. It's not good to be calling incessantly all day, every day, or sending texts constantly. Don't be over using pet names and cute-y talk.

A nice call every day to check up and see how their day went is perfectly fine! If it's a healthy relationship, you'll truly care about their day, what they're up to, how they're feeling, etc.

If you've known a couple who have gone a week without any communication, that is not good. That shows disinterest, in my opinion.