TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Why are girls in high school so shallow? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t143881-why-girls-high-school-so-shallow/)

Alexander1234 February 25th 2016 03:30 PM

Why are girls in high school so shallow?

I feel like a fucking loser. Every relationship I see in my school is the "hot" guy with the "hot" girl , it fucking pisses me off. I also feel like if I am not hot enough , girls treat me as if I'm not even there. I was watching YouTube one day and my statement spreads to there too. However, I came across these beautiful twins that I noticed that they didn't give a flying fuck about what anyone looked like. One of them went with a guy to homecoming that looked like he was 12. If I crossed paths with them sometime in my life , I wouldn't be typing this thread. I think that's the core reason why there are many people out there that have been single all throughout high school. It really fucking sucks. I hope college women see past looks in men and actually give me a fucking chance.

Always * February 25th 2016 06:27 PM

Re: Why are girls in high school so shallow?

High school sucks for a lot of people but generalizing and complaining that hot girls don't want you is unfair. You should work on yourself first. Plus, high school can feel like one big popularity contest where certain traits and how they're exhibited are favoured. It gets better in college when people stop trying to be something they're not because I think with age comes the confidence to be who you are. That's my experience at least.

georgiapeach33 February 25th 2016 10:13 PM

Suck it up and be a big boy! High school sucks, people are shitty and it wont get you anywhere with girls talking like that. Love yourself you shouldn't be worried about a relationship right now. Trust me about 15 years from now you wont give a shit if you did or didn't date some hot girl. You say this stuff but take a look at yourself are you trying to get to know/hang out with a not so hot girl? People in high school don't care about anything but image get use to it, it isn't going to change. Im not trying to be a smart ass im just being real and not fake. im blunt sorry! im sure youre a cool kid try being with a cool girl instead of a hot one. Youre criticizing couples because they look hot together? Because a hot girl doesn't want to talk to you? Im sure those not so hot girls are feeling the same way.

Pein February 26th 2016 02:54 AM

And? both guys and girls are shallow in high school. You are being just as shallow saying "why are none of the "hot" girls going out with me." Before you go and complain about girls being shallow first look at yourself. And for future reference girls will not fully care about looks. (yes looks do play a big part) but not as big of a part as in high school. But college and beyond girls look for a guy with self-confidence, drive, motivation, and a since of feeling safe when they are in your arms.

So right now work on yourself, find what makes you tick. and in a way become the strongest version of yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally.

CorrieUSMC February 26th 2016 03:47 AM

You're not going to get a lady if you're generalizing and talking about them that way. You'll find a fish. But you are not entitled to a girl. She is not property. She can pick who she wants to be with.

Alexander1234 February 26th 2016 04:24 AM

Sorry if I upset anyone , I was in a bad mood when I typed this thread

Sophrosyne February 26th 2016 05:05 AM

It's okay to be in a bad mood, just for future reference try not to generalise all girls like that, especially in such a negative way. I for one would certainly not be happy if someone said that to me.

As everyone else has been saying, try working on yourself first before getting annoyed at girls who won't date you. I know plenty of people, me included, who really do not care about looks and we just don't want to date anyone. Being jealous of other people's relationships just because you don't have one is a terrible reason to be jealous. Considering the way you worded this entire question, are you sure girls just don't want to go out with you because you are not nice to them? Seeing as you generalised all girls into one category and said that they were all horrible, I doubt anyone would want to go out with you after that. Not unless you don't do it again.

Regardless of whether or not we are all shallow, looks will really matter nothing in a couple of years, and all those people who you want to go out with probably won't even matter. People learn to grow up, and that's when you start finding people you actually want to date. For now, there is really no point dating.

Take care.

lostely February 26th 2016 04:10 PM

I think like that too, there are always good days and bad one, where your grumpy cat is taking control over yourself!

Alexander1234 February 26th 2016 05:50 PM

As I said in my previous threads , I do generally treat women nicely , its just that yesterday I was feeling incredibly angry about the situation

xxpaigiexx February 26th 2016 11:24 PM

Hey there,

You aren't a loser! Not all girls are like this, maybe it is some of the girls you are meeting or looking at. As time goes on people will mature and I'm sure before long they will realise looks are definitely not the most important thing. For some people looks matter but for the most part you will find most girls are interested in someone who treats them well, makes them happy and has a good personality. Most people don't think looks are the most important thing, right now people are starting to date and it will take time before people begin to be a little more open minded, but it will happen I promise you and you will start to notice that there are some nice girls and not all of them are shallow.

I wish you the best of luck,
Paige

Age of Ignorance February 28th 2016 11:07 AM

Hey mate,

I know how tough it can be. Forget what you said originally; it sounds like you were simply frustrated - lonely, right? I feel the frustration and the loneliness sometimes too.

You shouldn't lose hope. Things do get better.

Just keep your chin up, and you'll be okay.