TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   What to get my boyfriend for his graduation? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t151979-what-get-my-boyfriend-his-graduation/)

Elle_94 June 29th 2017 10:01 PM

What to get my boyfriend for his graduation?

Hi guys,

My boyfriend of 2 years finished University around a month ago and will be graduating soon. I have a card for him but I've no idea what to get him as a gift or treat for it! He's 21, and difficult to buy for as he's not really interested in clothes, sports, music or anything like that. He loves film and gaming but his tastes are very specific so I wouldn't want to pick a movie or game for him as I just don't think I'd get it right. He also likes art but I'm not sure what I could get him as a gift that links in with that interest and it's not a huge passion of his so I'm not sure going down that route would be the best idea. He likes writing scripts and stories, but again, I'm not sure what gift I could get that links in with that. He likes animals too, birds in particular.

So far all I've got for him is a notebook with a nice cover. I'm also not doing too well for money at the minute so I can't afford to spend a lot on it. I have around 40 to 50 pounds to play with.

If it helps, his degree is in Film and Telecommunications.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Elle

The Darkness June 30th 2017 12:03 AM

Re: What to get my boyfriend for his graduation?

If you're any artistic then you can try to paint him a picture or write him a poem or story. You can also get him a plush of his favourite animal or bird. You can make him a frame with his grad photos and a picture of you and him.

DeletedAccount69 June 30th 2017 01:44 AM

Depending on the video games he likes you might be able to find something associated to those video games on amazon or something like that. My boyfriend really likes Mass Effect: Andromeda and he was able to find funko pops, puzzles, art books and a few other things on amazon. I know a lot of video games have art books associated with them and since he likes art he might enjoy something like that.

The art books are usually cheaper to get on Amazon than at a physical bookstore.

Rivière June 30th 2017 12:19 PM

Have you thought of indirectly asking him what films he likes/wants to see? You could start the conversation off by stating some of the films you are/aren't interested in and see what he responds with. If he responds with what films he likes/dislikes it'll certainly give you a good indicator of what film you could consider getting him.

Secondly, don't limit yourself to just giving him a gift, why not take him somewhere? Take him out for a small meal and offer to pay, or take him to the cinema and let him be the one to choose, or if you've found out what he really wants to go see beforehand, book the tickets in advance to make sure you get a good seating position, sneak in some popcorn and you're away. :)

matthewmatters July 3rd 2017 10:29 PM

just a thought from the last posters suggestion, but on my birthday last year, my dad paid for the pizza hut special pizza which i got, so it's a good idea too for your boyfriends graduation.

I mean, if there is something he often treats himself too, this time you could be more like, no i'm paying, you can save yourself the cost this time because you deserve it