TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Dating a fat guy?? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t91376-dating-fat-guy/)

thinkingandage December 27th 2011 05:09 AM

Dating a fat guy??

Dating a fat guy? I'm not sure this is a good choice or not. But I love him and I think he is a bright guy. We've been going out about 9 months now, and he's slowly put on weight. he's not morbidly obese or anything, but the gut , thighs and now the arms are getting kind of big. I miss the days when he's slim enough to wear this. It looks handsome, right? I feel so bad about his figure now. How do I get him to go to the gym or something without outright telling him he's fat?

[Edit]

Chris December 27th 2011 05:22 AM

Re: Dating a fat guy??

Maybe both of you stat working out - tell him you want to work out and want him to do it too! On the other hand you can just tell him how you feel - it may hurt at first, but hopefully he will understand.

I think that if you really like him, then an image does not matter. If you really like or even love him - his weight, hair, eyes, or anything else shouldn't matter as much as what you actually like and what you actually fell in love with: his personality.

Best wishes,
Chris

Ambedo. December 27th 2011 05:25 AM

From what you wrote, it sounds like it's not his appearance you're worried about. It sounds like you're worried about the direction his health is going. If this is the case, I would definitely go with Chris's suggestion. Take trips to the gym together, and encourage each other. You don't need to tell him your motivation for going. Just make it something fun for the two of you to do together. :)

Eternal December 27th 2011 05:25 AM

I think the best thing to do is have him go for jogs with you. If you include yourself and ask him to join your workouts, it won't seem insulting and then you can both get in shape (or keep your shape).

TJ- December 27th 2011 05:59 AM

To add to what everyone is saying, there's nothing wrong with losing attraction to a man just because he's gained weight. You must be physically attracted to your partner to have a good sexual relationship. I like the other advice, offer to work out WITH him.

Sincerely Yours ♥ December 27th 2011 07:14 PM

Just have him work out with you (as others have suggested). But if he ever acknowledges that he's not happy with his weight, you can have him ask his doctor for a healthy diet as well.

Stargazed. December 27th 2011 07:27 PM

I see nothing wrong with dating a "fat guy" it's personality that should hook you in. Of course, if a guy packs on a few pounds & you're worried about his health and your relationship together, it should be brought up. Don't tell him outright that he's "fat" because that hurts. Imagine if he told you you're fat. How would you feel? So, be gentle about it. Offer to work out with him as an activity, encourage him to get fit again.