TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   I think me and my girlfriend have herpes?, HELP! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t95461-i-think-me-my-girlfriend-have-herpes-help/)

Sitruc February 20th 2012 03:11 PM

I think me and my girlfriend have herpes?, HELP!

ok, so about 5 days ago me and my girlfriend decided we were both ready to lose our virginity to each other. But like idiots, we didn't think about using protection, then about 2-3 days after, i started having weird symptoms and i noticed these spot type things down in my genital area, i told my girlfriend straight away and she said that she's been having symptoms as well and has been having weird problems in her genital area. We are going to get checked soon but i've been researching and i'm not sure if i could have Canidida and that my girlfriend could have a yeast infection, but i'm not sure what we could have, but i just want to know if anyone has had experience like this?, because these symptoms can happen during a herpes breakout but i'm really not sure?

So please post below with any help, advice or even if you have had the same sort of experience.

Thanks.

Harmony♥ February 20th 2012 04:15 PM

Re: I think me and my girlfriend have herpes?, HELP!

Herpes can only be given to you or your partner if YOU or HER were carriers of the disease. If you didn't have herpes before you had sex, it's likely what you're experiencing isn't herpes at all. You still want to get checked out though, just to make sure everything is okay. I just highly doubt that you have an STD.

Sitruc February 20th 2012 04:36 PM

Thank you so much!, we're going to get checked tomorrow!, but thank you for answering, it's really helped and made us feel better and not as worried!

-Many thanks!

BroadwaySomeday February 23rd 2012 12:50 AM

I don't think it's an STD, but get checked out anyways. Better safe than sorry! :)

LittleMiss February 23rd 2012 01:25 AM

More likely to be a candida infection which technically isn't an STI as you can get it from other things like being on antibiotics, wearing stockings for too long etc.

I highly doubt it's herpes as the herpes virus has an incubation period of around a week.

Coffee. February 23rd 2012 03:14 AM

First of all, these are the intitial symptoms of an STI:

...where I'm going is that this early, there are no symptoms. This is probably a mild infection. People carry bacteria. Even if it's not from sex, you just may not be used to the bacteria she carries on her body, you know, that kind of stuff. I doubt it's anything serious. Did you use a condom? Could it have caused an allergic reaction of the both of you?

Shawn K. February 24th 2012 12:36 AM

I'm someone who was ignorant about symptoms of an STI, and waited and waited before getting checked, you are doing the right thing by getting checked out. It can't hurt. It would also be helpful here if you let us know the results and that you're ok.

DeletedAccount71 February 26th 2012 02:14 AM

If you were both virgins, it is impossible for you to have contracted an STD. Since STDs are only contracted through sexual contact, one of you would have had to have had sex before with an infected partner.

Get it checked out anyway, though. If something is wrong, you can get it fixed, and if not you can put your mind at ease.

Remember, it is always better to be safe than to wind up sorry later. So it's a good thing you are concerned about it, even if it is not Herpes.